Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man City in talks over Kaka deal

This for me sums up what is wrong with football these days. From the BBC:

A City delegation has reportedly met with their Milan counterparts with a bid of £100m and a weekly wage of £500,000 on offer for the 26-year-old.

Comments

• Options
    Its hilarious. It really is.

In some perverse way I really do want the arse to fall out of football for everyone to just start again. Don;t think it will though.
  • Options
    Could of been us in couple of years. It's not football, i wouldn't enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Premier league ya having a laugh
  • Options
    There's going to be a big crash in the not so distant future in the premiership, this can't go on forever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]There's going to be a big crash in the not so distant future in the premiership, this can't go on forever.

It's only Man City who can afford to spend.

BBC reckon £100m and £500k a week
  • Options
    Any player who signs for man city, cannont cliam football is the reason. there ther for the cash i hope they get a load of over paid mercenries who dont give a flying f about the citizens and all jump ship when it goes wrong, made me laugh tho when kaka buffon was linked then it emerged they had bid for craig bellend...
  • Options
    Apparently is "only" £91m and 260k a week

Not sure he'd be able to survive on that tbh
  • Options
    According to sky sports.com he wants to stay at milan
  • Options
    The sums being reported are hugely inflated...take no notice of that....I suspect the truer figure is about half of what's being mentioned by our stupid press.
    Mind you....even at half the speculated figures, it's still ludicrous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Apparently is "only" £91m and 260k a week

My ex-wife couldn't .......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His agent has though said that he's only interested in football, not money...

So that's ok. Think of the tax revenue from that though.
  • Options
    It is ridiculous, firstly the only money was in the Premier League, now there's only 4 or so clubs who have big backers and can afford to splash the cash. It's a real shame seeing ex Premiership clubs such a ourselves, Norwich and Southampton suffering so much financially from relegation from the PL. It's football gone mad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]There's going to be a big crash in the not so distant future in the premiership, this can't go on forever.

It's only Man City who can afford to spend.

BBC reckon £100m and £500k a week
    They won't be able to do it forever, Abramovich didn't go to Old Trafford and I can see them being in trouble pretty soon.

What ashame!
  • Options

Nah i'd probably end up killing myself with that amount of money! lol

BUT if someone does want to give me £260k for 52 weeks i'll be very happy! (Kaka is highly religious so will money sway him?)
  • Options
    This is one of the reasons why I wouldn't be bothered if we never got back to the premiership. How can we ever be expected to compete. It would be torture every week. I want to be a able to enjoy a game of football and have a few beers without having to take out a mortgage to pay for it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

Nah i'd probably end up killing myself with that amount of money! lol

BUT if someone does want to give me £260k for 52 weeks i'll be very happy! (Kaka is highly religious so will money sway him?)

More to the point - will his agent sway him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]This is one of the reasons why I wouldn't be bothered if we never got back to the premiership. How can we ever be expected to compete. It would be torture every week. I want to be a able to enjoy a game of football and have a few beers without having to take out a mortgage to pay for it.

I don't think there were many on here saying that when Zabeel were going to buy us.
    Fans of other clubs will always knock it but they'd all love it if it happened to their club. Ask Chelsea fans if they enjoyed the Mourinho years, ask Man City fans if they'd rather have Robinho and Kaka or Vassell and Benjani.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]This is one of the reasons why I wouldn't be bothered if we never got back to the premiership. How can we ever be expected to compete. It would be torture every week. I want to be a able to enjoy a game of football and have a few beers without having to take out a mortgage to pay for it.

I don't think there were many on here saying that when Zabeel were going to buy us.
    Fans of other clubs will always knock it but they'd all love it if it happened to their club. Ask Chelsea fans if they enjoyed the Mourinho years, ask Man City fans if they'd rather have Robinho and Kaka or Vassell and Benjani.

True..It´s a condition that you easily gets used to.

Shame about Sheikh Hamdan being told to stop the takeover, I have been reluctant to post much on here because I feared that old wounds would not heal etc.
    Well, you might not know this but Hamdan did form a company with the intention of future investments in football so his intentions was honest..and given that he actually is the best mate of Sheikh Mansour who kind of acts as his mentor at times you might understand why Zabeel never seriously pursued a prem club.
    It would have been sort of disrespectful, and there was an understanding between them that City would make players available to Charlton at low or no cost as more high-profile players was brought in at Eastlands...That was where the profit was available for Zabeel until Charlton reached the prem itself..Not a bad scheme really.

Well, that was all from me right now..I do hope that Sheikh Mo gives up his dream of buying Liverpool because so far he have had no success, and you are the ones that got shafted as the FA refused to accept more than one club in the same family.

Good luck...
  • Options
    This deal will be music to ears on the Red Side Of Manchester, How much for The player of the YEAR Ronaldo?

Wonder who will be the 1st Ever Million pound a week player,it's gonna happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that's very interesting MCFC, so from what you know it was not strictly the economic downturn that was the key driver in the deal collapsing ?

you're always welcome on here mate.
  • Options
    Indeed....................... one of the 'most' interesting and thought provoking posts on here for many a day.
  • Options
    Very interesting comment MCFC - would like to know where you heard that from though - nothing that we ever touched upon thats for sure.
  • Options
    Certainly food for thought. Nothing wrong with the club as a saleable product but wrong buyers if what MCFC says is correct.
  • Options
    Cheers...;)

No, the economic downturn was not the reason, to be honest it was what more or less triggered the proposal in the first place as they saw a bargain in Charlton as the club was "Punching well below its weight.."
    The money involved was also very minor for a royal crownprince in Dubai, downturn or no downturn, especially with the backing of Sheikh Mansour a certainty. But don´t take my word for it only..try a google search on "Sheikh Mansour" "Sheikh Hamdan" and you´ll find hundreds of examples to show that they are very close.

Some gossip even hints that Mansour buying City was to spite Hamdans older and rather arrogant brother Sheikh Rashid who´s a Man United fan of the darkest kind..and a guy that didn´t appreciate that his younger sibling was given the title of crownprince when it was taken from him because the Al-Maktoum clan refused to consider him a future leader.
    Personally I think that´s a bit unrealistic but rather funny to contemplate.

As of my sources I will not name them but I´m not really telling you anything that someone living in the area would have much trouble finding out..