Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

jimmy bullard

Comments

• Options
    To be fair the "greedy" tag is probably a tad unfair. He's not the youngest anymore so you can't really blame him for trying to earn what he's entitled to. Hull chose to give him the massive contract after all didn't they? You're a long time retired as a footballer, you may as well milk it while you can.
  • Options
    end of the day, none of you would turn down 45k a week when you have a dodgy knee. Also it is Hull City. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Reckon you can call him greedy though following the failed move to Celtic. His own Chairman at Hull has publicly concurred. Seems likeable enough but if he loves the game so much (and has presumably made a huge amount already), then why not just be glad to get another chance to prove his fitness? He was apparently prepared to go too, but wanted silly money. We had a few of those when we left the Prem didn't we?
  • Options
    Would like to see him back in the Premiershhip, good player but hilarious character. The video of him at top of this page is brilliant.
  • Options
    Just been suspended by Hull "pending an inquiry into recent events"

Anyone know what he's been up to?
  • Options
    Apparantly out in london boozing night before pre season training at hull,rumoured to get a cab from london to hull still worse for wear!!
  • Options
    Apparantly out in london boozing night before pre season training at hull,rumoured to get a cab from london to hull still worse for wear!!
    what a legend
  • Options
    Out with Dale Winton and Alan Carr for a bit of hell raising I expect.
  • Options
    saw him at the kings arms/head in Bexley Village in June. I know he has a head mad eof  lego but i thought his bird was an absolute minger... and i know mingers
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCV4WfwnHs&feature=relmfu

surprised he didn't get fined for this! haha 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCV4WfwnHs&feature=relmfu

surprised he didn't get fined for this! haha 
    but the money they're on, thats like your workmates costing you a tenner. He could afford to laugh it off.
  • Options

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14577100.stm

Looks like Hull are taking the opportunity to relieve themselves of 50K per week off of their wage bill.

Bullard has been a very silly boy here, he should never have given them the chance to sack him like this, there is no way he'll get another contract on anything like the money Hull were paying him.

He has just thrown away two years (the time left on his contract) of 50K per week wages for a night on the piss.

I bet the board at Hull can barely believe their luck, they just saved themselves 5 million quid!

• Options
    Personally, i think the whole (hull) situation stinks. They were stupid enough to pay him ridiculous wages and when it all goes wrong for them, they're trying anything to get out of it. The bloke could be a hermit when away from the club and they'd still try to find a reason for this. Hope he sues them, gets all his wages paid and a bit of compensation to boot. He's behaved no worse than at least one player does at every club and if he was a wanted and valued player, he'd be looking at a club fine, no more. It's bloody double standards.
    That's the one thing I hated Charlton/Curbs for back in the 90's. Bowyer gets caught smoking dope and the club stand by him because of his financial value, however, when the same thing happened to Jamie Stuart, because he had little return value, he was sacked.

Anyway, it's 3:45am and i'm tired and tipsy....................................................
  • Options
    Personally, i think the whole (hull) situation stinks. They were stupid enough to pay him ridiculous wages and when it all goes wrong for them, they're trying anything to get out of it. The bloke could be a hermit when away from the club and they'd still try to find a reason for this. Hope he sues them, gets all his wages paid and a bit of compensation to boot. He's behaved no worse than at least one player does at every club and if he was a wanted and valued player, he'd be looking at a club fine, no more. It's bloody double standards.
    That's the one thing I hated Charlton/Curbs for back in the 90's. Bowyer gets caught smoking dope and the club stand by him because of his financial value, however, when the same thing happened to Jamie Stuart, because he had little return value, he was sacked.

Anyway, it's 3:45am and i'm tired and tipsy....................................................

I read an article earlier which basically said that every club in the EPL and FL will be watching the Bullard case extremely closely.

If Hull get away with sacking Bullard for misconduct then there will be a whole load of clubs, especially those just relegated from the EPL, who will be looking to pull of similar dismissals of their top earners that they cannot afford to continue to pay.

Bullard has no choice but to sue Hull, he is 32 now and will be lucky to pick up a deal from a CCC club for even around 8-10K per week, which is a massive drop in income, and that's presuming he can even pick up a club.

Very silly chap.

• Options
    I hope it works out for Hull and power swings away from the player and back to the clubs.
  • Options
    I hope it works out for Hull and power swings away from the player and back to the clubs.
    This.
  • Options
    Stuart was actually re-establishing himself in the first team at centre back and he did not just do the same thing.
  • Options

If what I heard was true - it wasn't good but wasn't that bad. Do agree - with McLovin's points - if one club sacks a player, there is a queue of other clubs ready to take him on whatever he has done. There wasn't a shortage of clubs willing to take Lee Hughes on, but if it was Charlton who did it - I think I would have had a real problem going to games.

I think there was an element of this in the Flanagan/Hales punch up. The club initially came down harder on Hales because Flanagan was the bigger financial asset at the time.

• Options

I think there was an element of this in the Flanagan/Hales punch up. The club initially came down harder on Hales because Flanagan was the bigger financial asset at the time.

Was this really the case?  I thought that they came down harder on Killer because he threw the first punch so to speak and was seen as the instigator of the fight. Killer's response through the PFA was along the lines of it takes 2 to have a fight and that it was harsh to only punish him.  Also I seem to remember that Charlton stupidly thought that they could sack him but still get a transfer fee.
  • Options
    Clubs will always look after there own interests as they are in the business of winning football matches rather than being moral institutions. I reckon Bullard and Fulham knew he had a dodgy knee before he joined Hull - maybe it wasn't picked up in the fitness test but if he's been stupid enough to give them a legal reason to terminate his contract, then more fool him. A close friend of Bullards who was learning his trade in the reserves of a premiership side used to play in my 5 a side team quite regularly - he wasn't supposed to and they could have terminated his contract at any time if they found out - he must have been mad but he was my mates brother and he wanted to play so i let him. After joining various teams in league 1 and 2 for first team action he got booted out of football after plenty of off pitch incidents that lead to his sacking. He can't get back into football now and lives in a caravan. Point is i don't think they realise how lucky they are and if your on £45,000 a week you should be able to tow the line - no sympathy at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stuart was actually re-establishing himself in the first team at centre back and he did not just do the same thing.
    There was a lot more behind the reason to sack him that wasn't made public
  • Options
    I thought that it was not Stuarts first offence
  • Options
    i think it was the fact that the Bowyer scenario didn't act as the deterrant it should have (and the fact that Stuart's party habits were common knowledge at the time)
  • Options

Not being a mind reader it's impossible to know Bullard's thoughts. If he is doing all he can to get fit then Hull are out of order, if on the other hand he is simply taking the club's money and making no attempt at rehabilitation and knows that his knee will never be any good ever again, then, Hull are within their rights to cancel his contract and effectively sack him.  When fit and in the right mindset, Bullard is a very good player.

A few months ago Nick Barmby and Bullard had a punch up on the Humber Bridge. The Hull fans moan if only Barmby had hit Bullard harder and knocked him into the foaming brine.  

• Options
    i think it was the fact that the Bowyer scenario didn't act as the deterrant it should have (and the fact that Stuart's party habits were common knowledge at the time)
    I think that's true, but also that he tested positive for a Class A.  Bowyer would have probably been sacked too, if he'd done the same thing. 
  • Options
    If I remember rightly as well Stuart tried to sue the club for unfair dismissal as he claimed something along the lines of he smoked what he thought was a roll up at a party and it turned out to be a joint which was also laced with cocaine. He was then advised that the amount found in his system it would have had to be a very big roll up.

This was a long time ago so may not be totally correct but that's how I remembered it
  • Options
    Also remember that Stuart had to ask what "teminated" meant in relation eo the club ending his contract.
  • Options
    One of the sad things about Stuart was that he was about to be transferred to Reading for £200,000, but we had to call it off.
  • Options
    he ended up at the only place he could've
  • Options
    It wasn't snow on the pitch that night at their place.