Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Unofficial Charlton Life Trip to Wipers and Passendale

2»

Comments

• Options
    On a more serious note

They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

And a setting sun at Hooge Crater Cemetery
  • Options
    Beautiful pics mate. Looks like you had a meaningful visit. Good on all of you.
  • Options
    Nice one Cliff.

How did the distance picture of Prowse Point come out?
  • Options
    From laughing at the first pictures I was left with a lump in my throat because of the last.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]From laughing at the first pictures I was left with a lump in my throat because of the last.

Probably the sausage rolls.
  • Options
    looks like you had a good trip. I might try and come with you next time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Legal Advice required (not a cardigan in sight) nb Ploegsteert Memorial in background[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_387171 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]Ypres Jan 2009 037.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

Kagool wearers of the world unite and takeover
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Kagool! F*** Off! Flipping Berghaus : - )
  • Options
    Did this trip twice a few years back.

Found this guy in Bruges who does small bus tours .

Thoughroughly recommend him.

Belgium guy married to an Austalian girl and speaks good English and tells great stories.

He lives in Passendale and his Granddad fought in the war.

http://www.quasimodo.be/

email him on

info@quasimodo.be

Tony
  • Options
    Prowse Point Cemetery (from Mud Corner Cemetery)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    http://www.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.5481

Went to see the fantastic In Memoriam exhibition at the Imperial War Museum recently.

Stunning collection of artefacts and personal stories plus a re-creation of the Hall of Remembrance featuring the major art works commissioned.

And all free. I know people like to moan but our Museums, nearly all with free entry, are just the best in the world.
  • Options
    Vimy Ridge
  • Options
    Another interesting place for a visit is Clairefontein......a flooded area from the middle ages and a refuge for WW1 and 2 fugitives....you can get a great narrow boat tour, or hire your own boat. Beautiful area.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://www.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.5481

Went to see the fantastic In Memoriam exhibition at the Imperial War Museum recently.

Stunning collection of artefacts and personal stories plus a re-creation of the Hall of Remembrance featuring the major art works commissioned.

And all free. I know people like to moan but our Museums, nearly all with free entry, are just the best in the world.

Thanks Henry for that update. With the game off tomorrow I may well take myself along to IWM.