Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The announcer

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
The plastic announcer was back last night. Thought he'd been given the elbow as he wasn't at the Everton game, I think, when some proper London accents announced the teams. Is he really here for good? Please say no.

Comments

• Options
    I fear he is. He was stood on the touchline last night, looking down to read his lines as he stumbled through the Back to the Valley. Tit.
  • Options
    But maybe he's a lucky omen- the only stadium announcer to have annouced at a Les Read managed victory.

Or maybe not!
  • Options
    I hate it when, just before the game, a few songs start to get sung and he is shouting over them right up to kick off.

Do we really need an announcer? Why not just stick the teams up on the screen and be done with it.
  • Options
    i wonder how much the atmosphere would improve if they just let some joe random from the pub stroll out onto the pitch just before kick off, screaming 'COME ON, EVERYONE, LETS F**KIN AVE IT !!!!!!!!!'
  • Options
    or "Let's be 'avin you" ala Delia
  • Options
    He was ill for the Everton match (and the back-up wasn't available) - that's why Steve Sutherland was strutting his stuff on the touchline!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i wonder how much the atmosphere would improve if they just let some joe random from the pub stroll out onto the pitch just before kick off, screaming 'COME ON, EVERYONE, LETS F**KIN AVE IT !!!!!!!!!'

Superb idea Smudge!

I reckon we get 04_MCS to do it AFTER he's been in (or on) The Bugle all afternoon!
  • Options
    Ha Ha i can see it now as Ollie announces the teams 'In Goal Scott Carson oh shit not Luke Warm at Full back, Herman at Left back Jeez he is Gash.........'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ha Ha i can see it now as Ollie announces the teams 'In Goal Scott Carson oh shit not Luke Warm at Full back, Herman at Left back Jeez he is Gash.........'

LOL!

"Up front Darren Bent..........Hes a DOOOD! I love him and follow him around everywhere"
  • Options
    Did you hear how he pronounced 'Henchoz'?!

Don't really give a stuff though as it was an away team's player....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He missed Everton because he was announcing at the England South Africa rugby game at Twickers.
  • Options
    so can we claim another international at the club?
  • Options
    Sasha, His name is going up on the Internationals board in reception (Is it still there) as we speak :-)
  • Options
    It is BC, i thought the same.

Still wished you were doing it mate.

Amazing how a couple of light-hearted words is seen as inciting supporters and likely to cause a riot, yet two clubs slagging each over off through the press for over 12 months is seen as ok.....
  • Options
    Get a room ;)
  • Options
    So do I, AFKA so do I.............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] yet two clubs slagging each over off through the press for over 12 months is seen as ok.....

Two clubs! I think you find that's one club doing the slagging with another club keeping a dignified silence until provoked.
  • Options
    Actually Henry it's not even one club it's just Simon Jordan, egomaniac - do you think if we complained to the CPFC board about it they would sack him ?? No ? thought not ;-)