Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I hate the Beatles

I just had to suffer 'Can't Buy Me Love' while I was on hold to John Lewis - it got too much so after 3 seconds I had to hang up.

Comments

• Options
    were you going to buy a diamond ring my friend?
  • Options
    Freezer (bird)
  • Options
    Fab
  • Options
    they are shit, most over rated band ever
  • Options
    some of their earlier stuff now sounds a bit "twee" but from 1966 and the "Revolver" album then majority is pretty good and some can be classed as "classic". Abbey Road is my favourite, esp side 2 (When the world had vinyl) .........still beats Sgt Peppers IMHO.
  • Options
    Random bump
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]they are shit, most over rated band ever

A deep and meaningful "put down" of the greatest modern day songwriters seen in this Country.
  • Options
    tomorrow never knows is being played on 6 music now. choooooon!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I just had to suffer 'Can't Buy Me Love' while I was on hold to John Lewis - it got too much so after 3 seconds I had to hang up.

The internet radio station for you
    http://www.beatlesradio.com/
  • Options
    I think that, Rubber Soul apart, they are ridiculously overrated. My mum says they were considered a bit of a joke amongst people with any musical taste when they were in their 'heyday'. Then again, she listens to Neil sodding Diamond, so what does she know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I just had to suffer 'Can't Buy Me Love' while I was on hold to John Lewis - it got too much so after 3 seconds I had to hang up.

i think you both need to see dr roberts
  • Options
    "White Album":
    Total Classic !
  • Options

HOORAH, SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME. HOPE JIMMYMELROSE READS THIS.
  • Options
    Would say that Girls Aloud, Spice Girls, Coldplay and the majority of modern hip hop/ r&b artists are more overated.

Pioneers of modern pop music. Not one band in the charts now would come close to them.

If they are so overated and overhyped why are they still plauded so much now? I think they were victims of all the hype but I think anyone who is serious about their music would have at least one beatles album in their collection or at least like one of their songs.

Not my favourite band as Im more into The Who, Kinks and other Mod stuff and Pink Floyd in terms of bands but still would put them in my top 20.

Ndubz won a MOBO last night and if that's the cream of british bands out there at the moment send me to the 60s.

ndubz-mobos2007.jpg

"Nuff sed"
  • Options
    don't know her name but you would though wouldn't you ?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't know her name but you would though wouldn't you ?

aye.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't know her name but you would though wouldn't you ?

No...Im not into women who read magazines.

On a serious note what are Talksport's Danny Kelly and Diego Forlan doing there (behind the black fella)?
  • Options
    Not really a fan of the poppy stuff like 'Cant buy me love', but you can't argue with songs like Blackbird, Michelle and Eleanor Rigby.
  • Options
    'Take That' are better :-)
  • Options
    Has anyone heard the new remastered albums... was listening to the white album in a friends house the other day, They sound so gorgeous.

Ads, Leroy, Large I wouldn't bother buying the boxset... Especially when Now That's What I Call Music 75 is out soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]Has anyone heard the new remastered albums... was listening to the white album in a friends house the other day, They sound so gorgeous.

Ads, Leroy, Large I wouldn't bother buying the boxset... Especially when Now That's What I Call Music 75 is out soon.
    Yeah, right. I have never listened to 'pop' music - so thanks for that. Quite why you would assume that someone who doesn't like a 'pop' band like the Beatles would listen to a 'pop' compilation I'm not sure - but thanks for your input.
  • Options
    adsads
    edited October 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't know her name but you would though wouldn't you ?[/quote]

No...Im not into women who read magazines.

On a serious note what are Talksport's Danny Kelly and Diego Forlan doing there (behind the black fella)?[/quote]

i reckon theyre the brains behind the outfit, dont know how many pils that 'ladys' been on!
  • Options
    Touchy.

Only havin a dig at you for having crappy (my opinion) taste.
    I'm actually with golfaddick and chunes here... they made alot of crap in the early days but the last handful of albums were pure greatness.
  • Options
    Loathsome band.

I enjoy a vast range of music but fail to see the draw on the Beatles.

Then again, I hate N-Dubz equally as much...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]Touchy.

Only havin a dig at you for having crappy (my opinion) taste.
    I'm actually with golfaddick and chunes here... they made alot of crap in the early days but the last handful of albums were pure greatness.
    LOL - I thought my reply was suitably restrained - considering you were implying that I'd buy an album containing modern chart toss!
  • Options
    Speaking of chart toss. Look what Guitar Hero have Kurt singing.
  • Options
    Well if you really don't like them you can get yourselves one of these:

Shirts
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I think that, Rubber Soul apart, they are ridiculously overrated. My mum says they were considered a bit of a joke amongst people with any musical taste when they were in their 'heyday'. Then again, she listens to Neil sodding Diamond, so what does she know.

Realise it's your mum and all that Leroy and I don't wish to sound rude but the answer to that is..... not a lot!
    Sure there were some old die hard traditionalist type muzos around who naturaly couldn't hack what the Beatles were about or youth culture in general come to that but you get that as each generation takes more of a back seat and new brooms sweep the stage clear again.
    The overall view of the Beatles at the time was extraordinarily positive so much so that no entertainer/entertainers from these shores, or any other come to that, have come even close and we were (just about all anyway), very proud of them for achieving so much and taking the name of British music and youth culture around the world...even the Ruskies and the Chinese had heard of the fab four within a year or two of their explosion onto the music scene....and how proud we were of that recognition and the outpouring of sheer delight and magic that surrounded them.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty certain that the vast majority of you guys posting on this thread wern't around when The Beatles came to promenance....had you have been you'd not be talking some of the utter nonesense you are....you really had to be there at the time to realise just how much they single handedly turned the music scene around...it was incredible, like coming out of the dark ages.They were quite simply coming from another dimension.
    Unquestionably the most influencial group ever in the history of modern music...it may be the thing to do to knock them nowadays but believe you me you should all be damn grateful and proud of what they did.
    Some of it was a bit silly and flipant, particularly the movies they made (which even as a young teenager didn't sit happily with me), even I realise that but for all that there was endless enough superbly written, well performed and faultlessly produced stuff in there to last a lifetime....as indeed it will....they will still be playing Beatles songs centuries down the line.
    Typical British....get something to be proud of and let's rip it apart....Jezuz some folk!!
  • Options
    They were innovators and led where others would surely follow.

Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road are simply amazing albums - not too interested in their early 'poppy' stuff that much though.

People who dismiss bands as 'crap' never seem to mention what they feel is better - funny that.