Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most Depressing Day of the Year - Official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7836941.stm

It is worked out with a formula taking into account six factors: weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing our New Year's resolutions, low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action... and it is today Monday 19th

That's a big list of factors. What else could we possibly have to be down about ; - (

Comments

• Options
    The weather ?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh thanks for that...despite the traffic nightmare, the weather, the constant talk of finaincial meltdown and anything else I've missed, I was actually feeling quite positive!!
  • Options
    i said this below in the traffic thread. i seriously felt the urge to turn off the alarm clock.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i said this below in the traffic thread. i seriously felt the urge to turn off the alarm clock.

Sorry, missed that as I had to wait 40 minutes to met a client who made some excuse about traffic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7836941.stm

It is worked out with a formula taking into account six factors: weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing our New Year's resolutions, low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action... and it is today Monday 19th

That's a big list of factors. What else could we possibly have to be down about ; - (
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The weather ?

??
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Road pricing by mile on its way.....
    Train fares gone up......
    Council tax going up.......

I see whats happening the government is going to bankrupt everything and everyone in the uk then they can run a communist state. wasnt Gordon a commi once ?
  • Options
    It gets worse, they now report the Spanners victory onSaturday on OS now..........is someone taking the michael out of us down at SE7
  • Options
    I sincerely hope today is the most depressing day of the year. Tuesday 27th January has potential to top it though !
  • Options
    Well could be worse, just had a call from the Mrs, a punter had a heart attack just now in her restaurant. He stopped breathing but they managed to get him breathing OB , para medics there etc. Now i knw her currys can be hot but jesus.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I sincerely hope today is the most depressing day of the year. Tuesday 27th January has potential to top it though ![/quote] I echo that SHG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah, the 27th will be fine. It's the 28th you've got to worry about. :-)
  • Options
    The article is based on yet another example of marketing bullshit masquerading as science that is lapped up by our idiot media. It works every time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1121262/Feeling-blue-Today--January-19-2009--depressing-day-HISTORY-say-experts.html

There is always a sponsoring company for this crap, and a scruple-less 'academic' ready to give it credibility for bucks.

I suggest you make up your own formulas - they would be just as valid!

I would suggest that last Saturday is the most depressing day of the year as it destroyed our mildly resurrected dreams of avoiding relegation and confirmed that we are timidly limping to league one without a fight.
  • Options
    "i would suggest" that i feel more fed up today than a usual monday morning regardless of football. and thats before i read about it being the most depressing day of the year in our idiot media.

the weather didnt help.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Nah, the 27th will be fine. It's the 28th you've got to worry about. :-)[/quote]

Whats wrong with that day? MCS will be celebrating his Birthday......lucky him!!!!!
  • Options
    well if it says today is the most depressing day,then it must be.
  • Options
    MInd you if this is the most depressing day then every thing gets better from here on
  • Options
    surely not GH