Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simeon Jackson

2»

Comments

• Options
    This fella took a while to settle at Gillingham.

How long would he be given with us? As long as McLeod?

Not in the same league as McLeod or ahem.. Dickson
  • Options
    Hope he's better than the last Simeon we had. Anyone remember Simeon Hodson?
  • Options
    Looks a bit like Super Kevin Lisbie to me. Good thing or bad thing?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Surely no better than Dickson or McLeod at the moment?

Who Jackson or Bi?

Who cares about Jackson. He may be a good foil for the saviour so sign him up.

Jackson of course. Bi is the saviour.

Found earlier that it looks like Bi will be joined by Moussa Guindo, César Troh and Antoine N'Gossan.

Means we'll have 8 Ivorians, we're just three years away from our dream team with Bi captaining them to Johnstone Paint Trophy and League Two playoff double glory.
  • Options
    It doesnt matter if he can score goals that is not important, You need to be able to link up play and build play up from the front, it is not all about scoring goals :-).

Henners you keep slipping in Bi is coming but enlighten us a tad more please buddy.

I think we all know who he is and his goal record but i thought (might be wrong) that he can not play for us he has to be farmed out to some belgium or french club if you know different please give us some hope

with reagrd to simeon Jackson i admit the little i have seen of him he looks good (so did Dicko) but why would they get rid of their best player when they are in the hunt for promotion they are not us for fuks sake
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Surely no better than Dickson or McLeod at the moment?

Who Jackson or Bi?

Found earlier that it looks like Bi will be joined by Moussa Guindo, César Troh and Antoine N'Gossan.

Means we'll have 8 Ivorians, we're just three years away from our dream team with Bi captaining them to Johnstone Paint Trophy and League Two playoff double glory.

Anyone know when they are due to arrive?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

They were on a boat that left on Friday, but sadly over the weekend they were taken hostage by the Somalian pirates
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

They were on a boat that left on Friday, but sadly over the weekend they were taken hostage by the Somalian pirates

Was it the consignment of rubber they were after?
  • Options
    The Somalian Pirates are playing at The Roundhouse this weekend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Who Jackson or Bi?

You know it brother. Hail, Hail Bi, he is the saviour.

The other three ain't bad either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    Oi, enough of the hail, hail already!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Why? Does Hail, Hail offend you? Do you not love Bi, my brother. Welcome him into your heart.
  • Options
    I will if he doesn't wear green & white grey hoops
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I will if he doesn't wear green &[strike]white[/strike]grey hoops

Well that is the away kit for next season but otherwise he will be wearing red
  • Options
    I've just read his autobiography entitled: Simeon Jackson, My dad couldn't spell Simon'

Cue tumbleweed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I will if he doesn't wear green &[strike]white[/strike]grey hoops

Really.....must get myself banned again then pretty soon ;-)
  • Options

I can arrange that for you. ; - )
  • Options

I can arrange that for you. ; - )

LOL, I'm sure you could.
  • Options
    mr irving you have not answered NLA's question
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]mr irving you have not answered NLA's question

TBH, I try to ignore his posts if I can but if you insist : - )

Young 18? striker. Not big but fast and skillful. Very much impressed not just our scouts but a lot of French club's scouts as well. Part of the international set up for Ivory Coast who are a major force in sub-Saharan football (the northern Arab teams and countries tending to dominate in African)

My understanding is that he is our player so NOT a loanee but as he is from outside the EU he needs a work permit which others have said he can get much easier in Belgium or Spain than here. Once he's played over there for a year/years he will be able to work anywhere in the EU.

I had hoped that we could apply stating that he was a "special case" and that we could get a work permit but we couldn't get one for Bolanos who was a full international so it was always a slim chance IMHO. If it was Arsenal or Man Utd would they get a work permit? Maybe or maybe they just buy better players who are "special".

In the meantime, if the story is true in part, he'll be playing for decent club in a decent league and come to us a better or at least a more valuable player with more knowledge or European football.

Have we sold him? I doubt it as he'll not have a great deal of value now but I just don't know as no one at the club tells me anything any more. Really hope not.

If he is playing for Liege next year any one fancy a weekend in Belgium. WWI sites, beer, Stomp and a game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the offer but if I said to my wife that I was going away for the weekend with a few people I'd met on an internet message board and never met in person, I doubt it'd go down too well...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Thanks for the offer but if I said to my wife that I was going away for the weekend with a few people I'd met on an internet message board and never met in person, I doubt it'd go down too well...

You could show her some pictures. I think she'd realise that with such a bunch of losers and bruisers that nothing untoward is likely to happen. Or you could invite us all to a party at yours before the trip to put the wife's mind at rest.

Some of us did go over last year to see Sono Bakery play for Germinal Beerschot but the game was moved for TV
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Thanks for the offer but if I said to my wife that I was going away for the weekend with a few people I'd met on an internet message board and never met in person, I doubt it'd go down too well...

You could show her some pictures. I think she'd realise that with such a bunch of losers and bruisers that nothing untoward is likely to happen. Or you could invite us all to a party at yours before the trip to put the wife's mind at rest.

Some of us did go over last year to see Sono Bakery play for Germinal Beerschot but the game was moved for TV

Invite her to go with you, then you'd be a real hero, Heathy, lol
  • Options
    When I was chattting to someone from the club they said it was 2-3 years in one of the feeder clubs overseas. It seems very odd that with the EU etc, one set of immigration rules apply to us and another set to Belgium for instance.....

I found this earlier

Charlton are reported to be in talks with Belgian outfit Standard Liege in regards to Zoro Cyriac Gohi Bi.

The Ivorian starlet is believed to be a hot prospect for the future, but does not meet the criteria required to play in England.

For that reason it appears as though the Addicks are prepared to part with the talented teenager they picked up from the famed ASEC Mimosas academy.

Gohi Bi is currently away on international duty at the junior African Cup of Nations, but is aware that his future looks likely to lie away from The Valley.

"I am at the African Cup of Nations now, but after that I will talk about Charlton and Standard," he told skysports.com.

"At the moment I am a Charlton player and I can confirm that I will not be playing in the Ivory Coast this year
  • Options
    We'd be up for a "Germinal" weekend (sir) Henry.
  • Options
    When I was chattting to someone from the club they said it was 2-3 years in one of the feeder clubs overseas. It seems very odd that with the EU etc, one set of immigration rules apply to us and another set to Belgium for instance.....

Unfortunately there is no EU wide law that supercedes national law on immigration. In the UK any relaxation of immigration law that would suit CAFC would likely be met with a predictable response by little Englander types.
  • Options
    Jackson was linked with Aston Villa today in NOTW