Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harrison v Williams

Fight again this weekend.

How are these two still making a decent living from the game. What the hell has happened to the heavyweight division ??

Comments

• Options
    The heavy weight division was traditional pushed along by US media hyperbole, big fights in Vegas, a top ten dominmated by them. The heavy weight division is in a mess as Boxing in the US is on the wane, simple as. It falls well behind the NFL, Nascar, Baseball, Basketball in terms of ratings and rewards.

Simply is the pay isn't good enough to tempt young US athletes to get involved. If you're 6ft 6 of muscle & Power at 16 you're going to be trying to play US football, Baseball, Basketball or even Football where the rewards piss all over the Heavyweight purses.

It's a lot of hard work a lot of time for very little reward in the earlier stages, Boxers don't get $10 contracts at 20 like those picked in the drafts do. Another factor is that US boxers traditonally came from the migrant areas in tough inner cities where to 'escape' they chose boxing, while still split by racial devide the opportunities for young males of all races are much greater and the wealth and opportuinities much greater in the US than they used to be. It's now the Eastern European countries that dominate the heavyweight division were opportunites are limited and life can be hard and young males want an 'escape'.

Ther we go Social economic reasons for HArrision vs Williams and the lack of talent in the US.
  • Options
    T - does that mean you wont be watching the bout?
  • Options
    it means nothing that show now the two proper fighters are not fighting,harrison and cook.
  • Options
    I went last year. Have been offered some tickets for the fight on Sat but fk that. Went with Harrisons entourage, and they were well pished ...

Oh well ...
  • Options
    he still has an entourage ??
  • Options
    Not now he doesn't ...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Harrison has just saved his career there v Sprott, at least 3 or 4 rounds down on the cards going into the last, needing a KO and Sprott was the one going for him, then pulls a left from nowhere and knocks Sprott out cold... oh no... the Audrey BS machine is not over :-(
  • Options
    haye fights one of the brothers and tied up to fight that giant again,harrison will be out for 8 months with hes shoulder now,doubt he will get the shot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]haye fights one of the brothers and tied up to fight that giant again,harrison will be out for 8 months with hes shoulder now,doubt he will get the shot

I hope not, it would be a total waste of time for Haye
  • Options
    That was unbelievable, although he's said his shoulder went in the second round.

Have never seen a fighter so scared of getting punched - it can't exactly be much fun, but surely it is the sort of occupational hazard you have to live with if you're in boxing.

Still believe he would have a chance against Haye though, as I think he could knock him out. He'd just need to do it in the first 30 seconds before he got hit himself...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]He'd just need to do it in the first 30 seconds before he got hit himself...

that would be the problem!
  • Options
    haye wants the brothers and may have to fight valuev again,harrison needs to keep busy,doubt he will
  • Options
    My mate dan went to the same school as Ordinary, Dan was handy with the gloves but fought at welter, Audrey wanted to fight him, they met after school, Audrey choked, Dan reckons he had no bottle then and if you have no heart then you can train as hard as you like but you ain't a fighter.....
  • Options
    do you think dan maybe telling one?
  • Options
    Didnt watch it tonight as was boozing. Just got picked up the result. Sickner. Was hoping Sprott would finally remove this no-mark from the public eye. Still, we can but hope that he ends up in the ring with Haye through some fluke series of events. I'd pay good money to watch Haye end his career. The biggest coward in boxing. How can you be a heavyweight and be scared of getting hit? Pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]My mate dan went to the same school as Ordinary, Dan was handy with the gloves but fought at welter, Audrey wanted to fight him, they met after school, Audrey choked, Dan reckons he had no bottle then and if you have no heart then you can train as hard as you like but you ain't a fighter.....
    On a related note, I went to school with Mike Tyson and knocked him the f*** out for pushing in front of me at the tuck shop and getting the last wham bar. Do you reckon I could have your mate Dan?
  • Options
    I got into a fairly similar situation with jamie rednapp but he realy beat me up!
  • Options
    There's a women inside Audrey Harrison's body. You can see her eyes peeping out. Cruel really.
  • Options
    he pulled it out the bag,if he beat haye and its a big IF it would not surprise me in the least.
  • Options
    Awesome knockout, even in the first round though didn't want the contact with Sprott and was pushing him away. There's protecting yourself and then there's being a wuss! He's the latter.

The Brothers Grim would be laughing their heads off if they saw that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nolly - No reason to disbelieve him, his brother backs it up. Its Dans claim to fame. Also Audrey then was not much bigger than the rest of the school kids.
  • Options
    What really gets me going in those bloody so called experts. Harrison never looked like winning last night and was totally outboxed. They kept saying how his fighting career would be over if he lost, but as soon as he won, they were really talking him up! You'd have thought that he was the next big thing to rule the world, yet he is a lucky man today.
    I hate the bloke for his wasted talent, and lack for everything that a really good boxed should have!!
  • Options
    was one of the so called experts a certain Mr J Watt kev?

complete and utter tosser , when he used to do the fights on ITV in the 90's I used to watch the fight and listen to the coverage on the radio , he seems to have a downer on pretty much every british boxer whilst forgetting that he was so good himself he lost his world title in his first defence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Mr J Watt

grrrrrrr
  • Options
    In Harrison's defence he was obviously hurt down his right side early on and this made him pretty easy to work out.

I agree he is incredibly frustrating and there is more chance of treading in dragon shit than him ever getting anywhere near a fight with Haye
  • Options
    I like Sprott but he's a journeyman. Hasn't he lost something like 15 fights now. Anyone with real world class pretensions should be able to deal with him one hand or not. Audley clearly doesn't like boxing in the slightest and I don't blame him. He can't take a punch and the minute he steps into the ring with anyone with a whiff of talent he will be a goner.
  • Options
    watt defended the lightweight title about four times buckshee then lost to one of the all time greats,always gets it spot on imo