Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great "bad" lyrics by good writers

"Snow is cold, and rain is wet" from Home again by Carole King

and

"Take all the trees, put them in a tree museum.
Charge all the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em"
From Big Yellow Taxi by Joni MItchell.

Any more on this quiet Thursday

Comments

• Options
    worst lyrics ever in a song was

'i'm as serious as cancer, when i say rthymn is a dancer'
  • Options
    Worse than the lyrics to I Am the Walrus? Bizarre lyrics to say the least
  • Options
    "It's a rthymn romance, I came to dance" from Nils Lofgrin who can be forgiven for being in Crazy Horse.
  • Options
    Nearly all Beatles lyrics after Revolver are terrible. Let that be a warning about what drugs do to you, kids.
  • Options
    Most of the new Killers album, but then that's shit lyrics, by a shit song writer
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mr Henry - I dont understand why you consider those specific lyrics in Joni Mitchel's big yellow taxi as bad? To me they are very poignant in the context of the song.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Life by Des'ree (sp?) has got to be one of the worst songs ever. The lyrics sound like they came from the big book of rhyming words.

"I'm afraid of the dark,
    Especially in a park,
    Ooo I get the shivers

I'm afriad to see a ghost
    Its the sight that I fear most
    Would rather have a piece of toast"

Complete pile of shite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] 'i'm as serious as cancer, when i say rthymn is a dancer'

The audacity of that makes me laugh- especially as it has to be said in a northen accent to even work!

May get shot down for this but the lyrics to American pie are (IMHO ;-) ) sheer jiberish
  • Options
    What about the Marvin Gaye classic:

Im hot just like an oven i need some lovin!!!!

Pure drivel.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]Life by Des'ree (sp?) has got to be one of the worst songs ever. The lyrics sound like they came from the big book of rhyming words.

"I'm afraid of the dark,
    Especially in a park,
    Ooo I get the shivers

I'm afriad to see a ghost
    Its the sight that I fear most
    Would rather have a piece of toast"

Complete pile of shite

now i'm more baffled as to how you can recite two verses of the song!!

what about that shakira song about her boobs being as big as mountains or something like that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Mr Henry - I dont understand why you consider those specific lyrics in Joni Mitchel's big yellow taxi as bad? To me they are very poignant in the context of the song.

yes, but ryhming Museum with see them!

Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

May get shot down for this but the lyrics to American pie are (IMHO ;-) ) sheer jiberish[/quote]

That's cos you either haven't read the bible or haven't listen to 50 and 60's rock and roll - or both. All the lyrics, well most of them, make sense to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]What about the Marvin Gaye classic:

Pure drivel.......

Classic although Marvin did have some strange tastes sex wise and was a big time junkie by the 70's
  • Options
    stones...'got to scrape the shit right off your shoes...'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]

Posted By: AFKA Bartram

May get shot down for this but the lyrics to American pie are (IMHO ;-) ) sheer jiberish

That's cos you either haven't read the bible or haven't listen to 50 and 60's rock and roll - or both. All the lyrics, well most of them, make sense to me.

To be fair to AFKA that was me Henry,

and to be fair to you, you're right on both accounts :-)
  • Options
    Travis:
    why does it always rain on me,
    was it because I lied when I was seventeen?

Has to be in there.
  • Options
    what are you talking about Suzi ?

'Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains'

that's not just a work of art, but informative. I'd hate to waste my time staring at mountains !!
  • Options
    How about Pink's
    'I'm not here for your entertainment
    It's just you and your hand tonight'

Never quite understood that but then again i'm not a man of the world ;-)

BTW, shamelessly copied of the babes site
  • Options
    Apologies AFKA who know reads the bible every day.

Stanmore have a look at this site.

http://www.rareexception.com/Garden/Pie.php
  • Options
    That's really very interesting. I knew the Buddly Holly reference and had guessed at a couple of the others. A lot of conjecture but even if the guy's wide of the mark it makes for interesting reading!
  • Options
    the beatles were never the same after macca died in 1966.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]the beatles were never the same after macca died in 1966.

Very true. No wonder Heather is upset "he" only told her last year that "he" was really Billy Shears.
  • Options
    Wasn't that why he had bare feet and a cigarette pointing down on the cover of Abbey Road or something? And some rubbish about one of the number plates in the background.

His company MPL are actually based in my building so I see him fairly regularly - looks very much alive to me - unless that's Macca mark 2?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Wasn't that why he had bare feet and a cigarette pointing down on the cover of Abbey Road or something? And some rubbish about one of the number plates in the background.

His company MPL are actually based in my building so I see him fairly regularly - looks very much alive to me - unless that's Macca mark 2?

The guy you see is Billy Shears, as mentioned in the lyrics of Sgt Pepper, who replaced the real Paul. Bare feet are a symbol of death in Hindu culture and remember the Beatles were on their hari krisni trip. The number plate was 28IF or 28 if paul had lived.

Next time you see Billy tell him to stop dying his hair.
  • Options
    how about Oasis Champagne Supernova "slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball."
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]What about the Marvin Gaye classic:

Pure drivel.......

Drivel ... he was singing about moi
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Stanmore have a look at this site.

http://www.rareexception.com/Garden/Pie.php

Henry, i doth my cap-

a sincere thanks for this!!!