Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An extremely depressing article

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
From the Sheffield Star:

Blades out to hit the top 10 against Charlton

WILL Sheffield United end up putting 10 goals past Charlton Athletic this season?

Without wanting to tempt fate, the Blades are already a fair way down the road to that target.

In common with most teams in the Championship, United have had the whip hand over bottom-of-the-table Charlton in the League.

Saturday provides the chance to make life even more wretched for their long-suffering fans, by putting Athletic out of the FA Cup.

Stephen Quinn will be licking his lips at the prospect. He's already scored a "hat-trick" against them.

United won 5-1 at The Valley in November, with James Beattie, Gary Speed, Matthew Kilgallon joining Quinn on the score sheet. The other was an own goal.

A month later, Quinn bagged a brace in a 3-1 home win, Danny Webber claiming the other.

United will be looking to settle the tie at first attempt so they can concentrate on a programme which includes three derbies in five matches.

Certainly a trip back to Sheffield wouldn't have been high on Charlton's list; it was only last Saturday they were beaten 4-1 at Sheffield Wednesday.

But one of Athletic's best results of the campaign came in the FA Cup, the 1-0 win at Norwich City.

United can't be complacent, Charlton have beaten Reading, Swansea, Ipswich and Doncaster Rovers this term.

Comments

• Options
    I saw that yesterday actually.

How f*cking sarcastic is that last sentence as well? (well thats the tone I read it in)
  • Options
    Maybe but all to inevitable too
  • Options
    was it 5-2 and did something happen that evening?
  • Options
    Any chance of a cheerful article AFKA?!
  • Options
    stick that up in the dressing room it would piss me off and i would set out to prove to them northern monkeys what i'm made off, not sure about our lot though
  • Options
    **** 'em the mugs

Maybe Parky can use this as a motivation ting.
  • Options
    Hey let's be fair to our Sheffield friends. When you've managed a whole one season in the Premier League and then got relegated because you weren't very good then tried to stay up through clutching at off the pitch straws then you can have a go at the footballing power house that is Sheffield United, until then zip it ;0)
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    Northern Monkeys...........i can remeber when they were on their knees, and didnt have a pot to pi55 in, i hope they cant get a "gressy chip butty" on the way home after we have beaten them 1-0.............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I saw that yesterday actually.

How f*cking sarcastic is that last sentence as well? (well thats the tone I read it in)

Yeah, he could have mentioned that we also beat Norwich.