Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolanos work permit refused (old thread)

Stupid thing going for in the first place unless we were sure.

Comments

• Options
    Have you got a link?
  • Options
    not been announced yet.
  • Options
    Has it come from the club? Or best guess work?
  • Options
    Now confirmed by the club
  • Options
    As i said yesterday, what a waste of time and resources.

The club really needs to get a grip on these permit angles, or employ a good lawyer who knows the system well. To go through this process once with Alex was unfortunate, twice has a whiff of incompetance about it.
  • Options
    I think you guys are being a bit harsh on club. As I understand it when we agreed to sign him initially we agreed a fee of £250,000, after two friendlies his club then changed the fee to £2m Euro's (Not sure what conversion rate is), anyway hence charlton's change to a loan move as could not agree fee with his club. All a big shame for player & Charlton really.
  • Options
    The Home office process is a bit of a joke to be fair. Dismiss anything that doesn't meet the criteria then await appeals where the club have to prove that the player is of sufficent quality above and beyond whats available... And what it comes down to is a simple lottery... If the home office decide that they have issued too many visa's in one month they'll reject it out of hand, they don't have to give a reason.

Sorondos work permit went to appeal last season and we won that one, you win some and you lose some. Just a shame we missed out on what sounds like a very talented player.
  • Options
    More than a little harsh on the club, he's played 18 internationals in 13 months, is a regular in the Costa Rica team and the only reason he's not got the permit is because the rules unfairly penalise him. The rules state a player must have played 75% of internationals over the last 2 years, he only made his debut last May 24th, so can only possibly have played 50% (ish) of the fixtures over the 2 year period.

Big clubs don't have this problem as there is the insinuated "he must be good enough or we wouldn't be after him" whilst we have to prove that any player is a worthwhile addition to the league. We had to do it with Sorondo, that went to a hearing and UEFA representives stood up and spoke on his behalf.
  • Options
    I can't remember the details of Sorondo being granted a WP but hadn't he been playing in the UK with Palace for a year and with Inter for a season before that?
  • Options
    Yes he had, but the work permits for the uk still needed to be reapplied for. Palace got a permit for just the one year, so we had to then reapply. The fact he played in Italy has no real effect, unless he had become naturalised and therefore had an EU passport, which was not the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at his record maybe we dodged a bullet there lack of goals and would probably of failed the CL height test :-)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bolaños

Again sorry for old thread just bored
  • Options

Looking at his record maybe we dodged a bullet there lack of goals and would probably of failed the CL height test :-)

If we dodged that bullet, we got hit with a fair few others since then!
  • Options
    In the Costa RIca team for the World Cup, so we may see him when England play them.
  • Options

I actually like it when an old thread like this is reopened rather than creating a new one.

• Options
    I can't believe this was 7/8 years ago! I thought he looked really good.

Would be great to see him against England......

• Options
    Was really good in the game I saw him at The Valley. Good technique and could dribble past players.