Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thoughts Sheff U V Charlton

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Better than last week though that says very little

There was less stress today as there were no points at stake.

Had 4 shots on target first half. Elliott could have done better for the first goal but had no chance with that free kick which took a wicked deflection.

Dont get me wrong I ain't that narked off about today which makes a change.

The loanees will return next week to muck it up big time.

Better turn out (5-600 at best) than the Dec 28th game.

Lets enjoy the ride. We are going down. Why do I say that? That was our real first team out there and they struggled.

Comments

• Options
    ''The loanees will return next week to muck it up big time.''

I'd laugh except it's not funny, Pork Pie !
  • Options
    My point is now the next weeks game at Turd More is a league one (no pun there) the loanees will be brought in whether they like it or not and ask yourself this, do they honestly give a gnats chuff?
  • Options
    "PorkPie"
    Lets enjoy the ride. We are going down. Why do I say that? That was our real first team out there and they struggled.

And here I was thinking it's because we're 9 points off safety and havent won for months.....boy is my face red.:)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The anal retention on this board....
  • Options
    what was Dickson goal like
  • Options
    kind of a weird one really as it was down the other end , looked like the keeper rushed out and he lifted it over him then run in to make sure but then everything seemed to stop and it looked like the ref had blown for a free kick to them but next thing we know Dicko is walking up the pitch with the ball under his arm to the centre circle
  • Options
    thought we played well for the first twenty minutres and fashined a few half chances. After they scored we lost our way. At ht I said to Golfie that it was a cup-tie and we had nothing to lose so take off the joke that is Burton and bring on Gray and Dickson. Parky did this but too late as almost immediately we conceded and were two down. Second half we were poor except for the last 5 mins or so which disguised how poor we were previously. Strange goal as everyone seemed to stop and all us fans thought it wasn't a goal, or perhaps had forgotten what one was, and it took about ten seconds for reality to set in and yes we had indeed scored. Dickson - 10 minutes on pitch - 1 goal. Burton - 10 games - 1 goal. For fecks sake give Dicko a run in the team, there is NOTHING to lose and all to gain.
  • Options
    Instinctive finish from Dickson. Also looked like Lloyd Sam was causing them a few problems.
  • Options
    As I've said on the "Dickson" thread try listing the number of one on ones we've scored from this season. It ain't easy because, in a nutshell, we've played 4-5-1 most of the time and the "1" happens to be Burton or Gray, neither of whom are blessed with pace.