Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Not even in the squad. Odd following him being one of the brighter performers against Norwich. Anyone know what the story there is (or care to speculate wildly, for fun)? I, baselessly imagine the manager has done something stupid. Apologies if I've missed a thread explaining this...

Comments

• Options
    Although nothing would surprise me about the scatter-gun selections at present, I wonder if he's injured as he didn't appear for the reserves v Reading last Monday night, either ?
  • Options
    Judging by his Facebook messages in midweek he was looking forward to playing
  • Options
    well seeing as the OS did a big article on how Josh was hoping to play I'd expected him to be at least on the bench esp as Jack Clark, who took up a place, was really never going to play. Josh is another of our own players who I feel has been hard done by.
  • Options
    im at a lose to the whole team selction at the club at the moment
  • Options
    do we know whether he was injured or not first ?
  • Options
    also, why Youga at left back and not Basey ? another revolving door selection policy by Parky
  • Options
    I hope he get's a role in the team. I thought he played very well in the games i saw him in.
  • Options
    It must be like the Lotto draw in Park's office on team selection day: and he gets the same results as my tickets do!
  • Options
    Parkinson is doing what Pardew did, we're struggling so players like Wright don't play, instead Holland gets in the team for his experience. Unfortunately Holland then stays in the team because he hasn't done anything wrong, but he won't play the passes or do the little things that help the attack like someone like Wright or Racon will do.

Hopefully he'll be involved a lot more next season, especially if Shelvey leaves.
  • Options
    incidentally Youga was absolutely shocking, even by his standards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, Youga was particularly bad. I don't think he and Elliot said a single word to each other. he left Rob in trouble with a pass back which made Rob have to make a save, and they didn't look like they knew each other let alone played together.

Apparently Basey was bad the week before so perhaps thats why he was dropped? I guess they're both as inconsistant as each other. Basey was superb at Norwich against a player who had man boobs.
  • Options
    Youga must of smashed it into the stand at least 12 times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Yes, Youga was particularly bad. I don't think he and Elliot said a single word to each other. he left Rob in trouble with a pass back which made Rob have to make a save, and they didn't look like they knew each other let alone played together.

Apparently Basey was bad the week before so perhaps thats why he was dropped? I guess they're both as inconsistant as each other. Basey was superb at Norwich against a player who had man boobs.

The week before Grant was the worst on the pitch, during the worst performance I've seen, so it's a tricky one. Maybe rather than the revolving door of right backs he might have thought of getting in a lefty while these two struggle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]The week before Grant was the worst on the pitch, during the worst performance I've seen, so it's a tricky one. Maybe rather than the revolving door of right backs he might have thought of getting in a lefty while these two struggle
    He did. And in fairness McEverley looked pretty good. It's just a shame he was so injury prone.