Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your thoughts on where the blame lays?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Just wondering guys, if you had to try pick the one point or decision that has caused us to free fall in such dramatic style what would it be. It wasn't that long ago we were a good prem side, Curbs moved on and we all know the rest. I cant look much further than appointing Dowie...I must admit I was for the decision at the time but to throw the amount of money at him as he was given and then by the absolute tosh he did I think is the defining reason for our demise.

Comments

• Options
    I reckon it's the poor standard of catering in the West Stand - that and the pot holes, oh and Andrew Mills.
  • Options
    I reckon that most of us are pissed bored of going over what has gone wrong in the past and trying to narrow it down so we have a scapegoat to point the finger at.

It really is time to move on IMO.
  • Options
    (why respond to the thread then??????) Not looking for a scapegoat at all; just wondering people's opinions thats all
  • Options
    there are plenty of threads on this....

just type 'where did it all go wrong" or something similar into the search function and there is loads.....
  • Options
    bore off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I reckon that most of us are pissed bored of going over what has gone wrong in the past and trying to narrow it down so we have a scapegoat to point the finger at.

It really is time to move on IMO.

Agreed. WAY too much navel gazing going on, we need to look FORWARD to where we want to go not BACKWARD to where we have been.

Nobody, least of all our opponents, care about Back to the Valley or our glorious near decade in the Premiership - they care about this season and the here and now.

So, for FFS, let's all stop obsessing about what caused the end of the glory years and start working out how we can turn this bloody thing around.

There is no magic bullet just plenty of hard work.
  • Options
    Bcaddick...not seen you post that often before...have you not been reading the board lately mate?
    I'm sure you mean't well but to be honest the question you ask has a different answer for each person you ask and there have been literally thousands of posts over the last few months touching on every relevant and irelevant point of view imaginable.
    Most of us on here are punch drunk with it all to be honest...we are now at the stage of 'black humour' begining to manifest itself more and more...in which direction the atmosphere on this board will go over the next few months is anyones guess.
    Tuesday night will be a little different of course, as it's just about all we have left to play for this season.
  • Options
    So much anger on here at the moment. No need to go for the poster imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]So much anger on here at the moment. No need to go for the poster imho.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Been posting on here for about 3 years. I suggest for the ones having a go not to reply to the fcuking thread and then it will disappear. I am in as much pain as the rest of you and have found comfort in sharing it but for the ones having a go...go and have a beer and chill out would you and stop posting on this thread.