Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock shocked by Charlton's fall from grace

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4074538.Warnock_shocked_by_Charlton_s_fall_from_grace/

Comments

• Options
    you working on a Sunday
  • Options
    I'm shocked at Warnock's fall from grace. Managing Palace? Pchah.
  • Options
    Always busy on derby week leftbehind : )
  • Options
    Oh, while you're here, can you tell your newsdesk that this happened in Charlton and not Greenwich? Police/fire press info ain't always accurate :-)
  • Options
    I can't believe he thinks we would swap position with them given the chance.

Not owning their own ground, playing in Croydon, having no sense of history or tradition, wearing red AND blue (surely your colours are red OR blue, not both?), having ALL your fans called "Nigel", etc, etc - no thanks!

League positions are temporary. Having no class is permanent.
  • Options
    To be fair he has made some valid points. Still a twat though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Oh, while you're here, can you tell your newsdesk thatthis happened in Charltonand not Greenwich? Police/fire press info ain't always accurate :-)

That's an in-depth report!

What next, "Lost cat found"?
  • Options
    "It is the only place I can go and not be the number one most hated man if the chairman turns up. I hope he is going."

Heheh.
  • Options
    I actually quite like the bloke...think he would do a better job for us than the last 4
    :-)
  • Options
    agreed, thought that was a decent interview. other than the fact he is Palace's manager i don't dislike the guy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]I actually quite like the bloke...think he would do a better job for us than the last 4
    :-)[/quote]

snap, I can't explain why but I can't help myself liking him more.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]"It is the only place I can go and not be the number one most hated man if the chairman turns up. I hope he is going."

Heheh.[/quote]

that quote tickled me, from Warnock... Respected more than the tango man... very true
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]i'm sure this'd help!

I somehow doubt our half time team talks are like that....I reckon it takes Parky at least 10 minutes to figure out everyone's names before he can even begin....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]I actually quite like the bloke...think he would do a better job for us than the last 4
    :-)

i always thought the bloke was unlikeable. ;0)

The way he will blame defeats on anyone but himself is a joke. He's got no class. The other week he suggested a referee gave a decision against palace because he can no longer be bothered to stay fit enough to keep up with play, because he's retiring from refereeing next year. Doesn't care what effect his excuses and bitterness have on anyone else.

The only thing i can't decide about warnock is whether him or harry redknapp wind me up more.

Our fall from grace is unbelievable though. Can anyone think of a similar decline? Other teams have fallen from the prem to league one before but i don't remember any of them being cut adrift in the style we seem to be.
  • Options
    Sound interview. Sound guy.

Given how many hangups our board have about Palace, does anyone think a real hammering for us tomorrow (a 1-6 like that one against Leeds) might be our best chance of staying up - it's the only thing that will embarrass our Palace-hating board enough to get them to dig their hands deeper in their pockets and get us the players (and manager?) we need before the window closes.

I for one hope Simon Jordan is doing w**ker signs in Murray's face after the game on Tuesday, chanting at him "The Morons Lost Four Nil" and "We'll Never Play You Again". That bounceback abuse is probably the only thing will wake the doofuses on our board up. They care more about Simon Jordan than they do about Charlton, which is why we got dragged into this sh*t in the first place ("Haw haw haw, let's sign Dowie and give him a transfer budget five times what Simon could ever afford, haw haw haw"). An embarrassment tomorrow is the only thing that will kick them into action.

In summary: A comprehensive Palace win on Tuesday is Charlton's best chance of staying up.

I never though I'd say this, but I'll be cheering on the scum. I suspect I won't be the only Addick doing so.
  • Options
    Regardless of the source, this seems like gospel to me: "You can't tell me they haven't got the players who can get out of it because they have, so he will know they have the ability to get out of if they can close some results out."

And, yet, if you are the club's gaffer you can repeatedly tell the Board, the fans, the world that you don't have the players to "get out of it."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]I never though I'd say this, but I'll be cheering on the scum. I suspect I won't be the only Addick doing so.

Unbelievable - I don't care what the circumstances are I will never support Palaaaarse over Charlton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]To be fair he has made some valid points. Still a twat though.

A twat who if he was i charge of us with this set of players would see us sitting comfortably in the top ten.IMHO a very good manager who with the players at his disposal always exceeds expectations.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]To be fair he has made some valid points. Still a twat though.

A twat who if he was i charge of us with this set of players would see us sitting comfortably in the top ten.IMHO a very good manager who with the players at his disposal always exceeds expectations.

I agree, I'd take him like a shot. At least his teams always give 100%.

I don't think he is a twat either for what its worth, that would be our previous Bullshitmeister Supreme Mr. Pardew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't like the guy much because of his attitude to referees, but I'd love to see him as our manager right now. As others have said, he gets the best out of the players he has and someone like him could get us the points we need to stay up.
  • Options
    I still say, if Jonny Fortune hadn't scored in THAT game, and they stayed up, Curbs may have gone earlier (feelings were running very high at the time), we may have got a decent manager to replace him and not be in this shit...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite] wearing red AND blue (surely your colours are red OR blue, not both?).

Never done Barcelona much harm!
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

Couldn't agree more. A far better manager than anyone we've had since Curbs.
  • Options
    I agree with most posts on here about Warnock, at this level he is a very good manager who gets average players playing well and in turn gets them in and around promotion situations. The fact that he is a cocky so and so doesn't bother me as he exudes a confidence in his teams and in turn gives them a bit of a fear factor.(didn't work for Alan Mildew though!)
    Contrast that with that nice Mr Parkinson who essential hasn't a clue and inspires very little from his charges and it's not hard to work out why we are now the patsies of the Championship. Our adorable little chaps need someone to give them the kind of kick up the collective arses that Warnock gave to Palace last season and took them from almost certain relegation under Peter Taylor to promotion contenders.
  • Options
    Regardless of what people think of him, I think that was a fair, generous and honest appraisal of our situation.

A sign of a good manager is the ability to get players to play above themselves, Warnock has done this for years. The problem with Pardew was he couldn't get some good championship players to play at their regular level let alone above it. We wouldn't be in this mess if Warnock had been our manager for the last 18 months. That said, I wouldn't want him as our manager though.
  • Options
    Bag him all you like.....we wouldn't be in this crap if he was in charge, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Some of his past touchline antics have amused me . Not quite up there with Gordon Strachan for comebacks and put downs.

I've just received an invite on Facebook from a Palace mate inviting me to the Charlton Relegation party in May. Cheeky sod.
  • Options
    I think his comments were fair.
  • Options
    I think that there is has been pressure put on both clubs not to make any inflamed statements as Jordan has done in the past in which may have led to the violence seen at recent meetings