Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm sick of this now. Valley Floyd Road and Red Red Robin.....

Are and always will be Charlton . If you feel different FCUK off and enjoy your season at the NEW den. You dont deserve any time on this site or a reply to your childish comments. You obviously havent been here through the good and bad times and just because your "trendy" work colleagues are not exactly sure what league 1 is and are not happy that their future dinner conversations will not involve the word premier doesnt mean you can try and find fault with our history, DONT TRY AND CHANGE MY CLUB!!!

Comments

• Options
    Actually I cant stand RRR. Makes me cringe everytime I hear it. Certainly doesnt give you the right to tell me to politely go to the den.
  • Options
    I am with Glass!!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yep and Valley Floyd Road was certainly song during the bad times wasnt it ???? I dont remember it being song the 1st game back at The Valley against Pompey I might be wrong.

I like Red Red Robin not so keen on VFLR as its Nottingham Forests song. Does that make me 'Wall next season?
  • Options
    Who said we should bin them GHE - have I missed something.

I don't care that RRR is a bit on the naff side - it's our song. They played it when I saw the lads run out for the first time and I sincerely hope they continue to play it when they run out til the day I die.
  • Options
    ??? Erm I'm confused -What lead to this post? Can anyone point me in the right direction??
  • Options
    VFR was definitely well represented yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Who said we should bin them GHE - have I missed something.

I don't care that RRR is a bit on the naff side - it's our song. They played it when I saw the lads run out for the first time and I sincerely hope they continue to play it when they run out til the day I die.

Cant be arsed to dig up threads, but more than one poster has stated that these esp RRR should be dropped!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]??? Erm I'm confused -What lead to this post? Can anyone point me in the right direction??[/quote]

Red Wine probably.

In my opinion RRR was one of my earliest childhood memories and reminds me off being in he old valley after being to the Valley Club with my dad and always will.

If that goes so would a big, big part of me whicfh has continued 'tradition' for my dads and my sons sake
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Taught the words by my dad, and passed on to March Jr. who still sings them out at 30 alongside me. Mess with it at your peril! Sam's got a statue, Jimmy's got a stand, we've got the RRR, all we need is a team worthy of them! So there!
  • Options
    RRR is the nafest song for any football club and I sing it with great gusto, every game and am cheesed off whenever it is cut short- I love it, but I do wonder where this thread has come from
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RRR is naff - but its our song and should always remain that way.
  • Options
    RRR is CAFC through and through. It can never go.

VFR is NOT a CAFC song and it's crap.
  • Options
    RRR is part of the soul of the club and must continue to be so no matter how naff and cheesey it is. It sometimes seems as though VFR is the only other song we have and it does sound a bit tired after a while. We definately need something new to go with these, not replace them. Something that everybody would be comfortable singing along to and not just the usual blocks.
  • Options
    Pardew wanted rid of RRR.

There are many other compelling reasons to keep it but that fact alone is sufficient reason for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]RRR is naff - but its our song and should always remain that way.

Correctomundo.

Also VFR is not the most inspiring, and yes we nicked it, but it is our battle song. This whole thread could be resolved by us having more than 1 song.
  • Options
    Fact is most songs owe much to other clubs fans and that's fine if you can come up with a gem but perhaps we could get into the spirit of things with Eurovision coming up and run our own compo. Nah perhaps not. Just out of interest has anybody seen any of FC United fans offerings on YouTube, they can certainly knock out a song or two.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Pardew wanted rid of RRR.

There are many other compelling reasons to keep it but that fact alone is sufficient reason for me.

So did Curbs Len - FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Are and always will be Charlton . If you feel different FCUK off and enjoy your season at the NEW den. !

Excellent! Some scapegoats for Monday morning's moaners to go blame for EVERYTHING! Hurrah!

(for what it's worth: RRR is Charlton through and through, as is VFR, but the CD version makes me cringe a bit. I'll be down the Den next Saturday.)
  • Options
    Bit of a boring song in truth...but it's 100% ours, every single note of it!
  • Options
    Have I missed something here?

Who's trying to change what eactly?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'Who's trying to change what eactly? '

Andrew Mills blame him !!
  • Options
    GHE, did you have a drink last night?! ;-)
  • Options
    If only a song could make a difference.

Or can it. Did we win the league or play-offs when that awful Bryan Adams "We're gonna win" thing was played just before the second half. If we did, I recommend a swift return to the Canadian Crooners Chelsea themed ditty and watch us rise and fly towards the premiership once again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Are and always will be Charlton . If you feel different FCUK off and enjoy your season at the NEW den. You dont deserve any time on this site or a reply to your childish comments. You obviously havent been here through the good and bad times and just because your "trendy" work colleagues are not exactly sure what league 1 is and are not happy that their future dinner conversations will not involve the word premier doesnt mean you can try and find fault with our history, DONT TRY AND CHANGE MY CLUB!!!

Always been played throughout my life at the Valley keep it up!
  • Options
    Perhaps the Fans' Forum can protect RRR if is in danger or does that count as "football" and therefore outside their remit?
  • Options
    Perhaps RRR can get 'listed' or be given preservation status .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    RRR - is the oracle, the smell the chewing gum of CAFC. However most clubs have other less in status songs to sing along to at matches. Here is my new song for all lifers, ready........

Charlton are a football club, we love to win games, but sometimes we loose and cruise to be in the frame. La La La, Ba,Ba Ba, lets sing as one in league one dont sit on your bum eat the half-time pie's yum, yum. Sing out loud and be proud of the club we are a football club from planet earth, not uranus mr ploppy dont get floppy just score some goals and catch the moles.

Classic yeh?
  • Options
    theres this lovely older lady at the front of the upper north who sings RRR everytime the boys come out....

I like it...

and I like VFR ...

and I like the colour red ....