Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Redknapp

Anyone else getting irritated by the way he talks about other clubs players?

I know it's got nothing to do with us, and maybe I'm just irritated in general after the season we've had, but the 'good old cockney Arry' routine is starting to wear thin.

He openly talked about Defoe, Chimbonda and Kenwyne Jones - but it's all done with a "he's a fantastic player but the chairman..." as if Redknapp is somehow powerless to stop the transfer from happening.

Shows a sinister and nasty side to the East End boy done good.

Comments

• Has always annoyed me.

What also does is, the way he will bang on about 'where the cub were' before he took over in his press conferences.
  • He annoys me when he speaks: "top top player" "we can do a deal with the boy"

Really hope him and Spurs both go down.
  • think he is Ok

Seen a interview on you tube were he gets annoyed by being hit with the ball

and says no wonder his in the F**king reserves made me laugh
  • lol I know what you mean - Harry's aS dodgy , allegedly, as they come and the way he's treating Benty is making me dislike him. BUT nothing wrong with saying he likes a player if he;s asked the question is there.

Or is there?

He certainly likes to do his business in the openish.

As for Spurs see Burnley are looking into the defoe signing saying he was inelligible for the 2nd leg as he was not registered to play in the 1st leg therefore he can't play in the 2nd leg.

Dunno whether they gonna make anything of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]As for Spurs see Burnley are looking into the defoe signing saying he was inelligible for the 2nd leg as he was not registered to play in the 1st leg therefore he can't play in the 2nd leg.

Dunno whether they gonna make anything of it.

Heard about that to, but it'll be the big club-small club issue. Nothing will happen as it's little old Burnley
  • It could open a can of worms though.

Charlton were prevented from playing Spring in the Norwich replay because he was registered after the date of the first game.

If it's a registration issue, surely the ruling has to apply - and be interpreted impartially?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It could open a can of worms though.

Charlton were prevented from playing Spring in the Norwich replay because he was registered after the date of the first game.

If it's a registration issue, surely the ruling has to apply - and be interpreted impartially?

Oggy you forgot FA Rule 123.46.9
    "If the club in question is a money bags premier league outfit they can get away with murder,if however the club is from the lower leagues we come down on them like a ton of hot horse s**t!
  • Different rules between FA Cup and League cup I think - but even so I hope Tottenham Lolspurs and "Face like a melted-welly Redknapp" get stung.

I hate Spurs so much you cannot imagine my glee if they were to get relegated
  • Swisdom said :

"Different rules between FA Cup and League cup I think"

And is there a difference between a cup replay and a game that was always scheduled to be two legs?

Funny the way Harry seems to be buying up old Spurs players - Defoe and Chimbonda. Wonder who's next?
  • Luke Young .... ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Harry's time will soon be up and the myth finally exposed.
  • I dont like the way Harry is going about his business at the moment, its very unlike Spurs (I'm surprised the Director of Communications Donna Cullen hasnt come down on him like a ton of bricks in recent weeks) but at the end of the day, why not? Liverpool and Man Utd done the same thing to us and other clubs have done it for years so if its good enough for them its good enough for us.

And as for the comment above about Burnley...I suggest you read this

Diddums to poor old Burnley
  • Harry has been doing his transfers through his mates in the media for years. All he has to do is pick up the phone and pronto - next day a mysterious 'source' claims that whatver club he happens to be managing at the time is interested in so & so. How many players and clubs he's unsettled like this over the years I couldn't guess. Then of course he likes to get his excuses in for any failure early on, usually blaming the state of the club and previous managers before he started there, despite the fact he might have still 3/4 of a season to do his own thing.

The bloke's that dodgy he makes Del Boy look like Desmond Tutu....

I can't wait for him to get relegated which so far is the only light spot in what has been one the worst season ever for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]I dont like the way Harry is going about his business at the moment, its very unlike Spurs (I'm surprised the Director of Communications Donna Cullen hasnt come down on him like a ton of bricks in recent weeks) but at the end of the day, why not? Liverpool and Man Utd done the same thing to us and other clubs have done it for years so if its good enough for them its good enough for us.

And as for the comment above about Burnley...I suggest you read this

Diddums to poor old Burnley

I guess a lot of people are confusing League Cup rules with FA Cup rules.