Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I silly buying a house now?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Asking £285k, we offered £250K, ended up at £245K.

Bizarrely that's almost the exact same figures we are looking at

Asking 290 we were going to offer 250
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Asking £285k, we offered £250K, ended up at £245K.

Bizarrely that's almost the exact same figures we are looking at

Asking 290 we were going to offer 250

Nothing at all unreasonable about that..

In the current climate i've had clients buy at that figure from a higher starting point- a combination of a reasonable % off the asking price and the stamp duty thresholds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]Would just add that you can do better negotiating on a new build if they are approaching the end of their sales quarter - like car dealers, they will drop just to get the sale done by 31 March or whenever - might be worth checking their co details to find out when the year end is, and work out the quarters from that.

I have bought a couple of new builds in past and I would definitely (if you can face stress) drag this out until end of 1Q. Otherwise make sure you are happy with what they are offering. Part Ex does eliminate a lot of additional fees. And good luck - had a nose at the website btw, look very nice.