Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looks like the FA has a sick sense of humour

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Rumour has it that tomorrow night's ref is Stuart Attwell - the one who awarded the goal that wasn't against Watford, and has made a host of other contraversial decisions this season. On one hand I'm thinking this is a really bad idea, as the fixture is going to be close to boiling point as it is, without him sticking his oar in. On the other hand, it may mean the Charlton crowd are united in their righteous indignation at the ref, rather than getting frustrated with the players, so it might actually help.

Should be interesting, either way.

Comments

• Options
    That'll please Colin, he was moaning that the ref was only 23 in their game at Watford Saturday.
  • Options
    Despite the furore surrounding the Watford-Reading game, that referee's only 'crime' was to accept his assistant's advice, if he had been unsighted himself. That's the FA's instruction anyway.

That doesn't make him a bad referee on the evidence of that match alone.
  • Options
    It's gonna be fun :)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Tuesday 27th January 2009

Coca - Cola Football League Championship

Charlton Athletic v Crystal Palace

S ATTWELL
    J FLYNN and D BRYAN
    4th Offical: J SINGH
  • Options
    Is the 4th official the referee SINGH who we thought was the best ref we've had all season, or was that last season?
  • Options
    I think it is Oggy.
    Shame he's not the actual ref...
  • Options
    think attwell was ref for hull millwall game this weekend, and apparently was shocking yet again.
  • Options
    It could have been worse we could have got ROB STYLES!!
  • Options
    Just checked it. Yes attwell was the ref for hull millwall.

Sun headline is 'bloody idiot'
  • Options
    Lovely, a few more spices chucked into the simmering pot...........Old Niel Wankcock will be on Sky news all night about this one if we win.........what are the odds that he gets a bit of paper from his top pocket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We might actually get a penalty again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]That'll please Colin, he was moaning that the ref was only 23 in their game at Watford Saturday.

To be fair to him, did you see the goal he disallowed for palarse, was a shocking decision!

[cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite].Old Niel Wankcock will be on Sky news all night about this one if we win.........what are the odds that he gets a bit of paper from his top pocket

that was funny tho wiwalb
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Is the 4th official the referee SINGH who we thought was the best ref we've had all season, or was that last season?

That sounds like our pal Monty (Jarnail Singh) to me.
  • Options
    Singh is the best ref outside the prem - fact.
  • Options
    He's a very good ref. Infact the only mistake he made during that game (Norwich at home last season) was giving us a second penalty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Despite the furore surrounding the Watford-Reading game, that referee's only 'crime' was to accept his assistant's advice, if he had been unsighted himself. That's the FA's instruction anyway.

i think he was also the ref in the derby v forest league game.
    the last 5 minutes of that game was hilarious. he disallowed a goal to award a penalty, which was duly saved. then derby scored from the resulting corner but that got disallowed for a alleged push.
    krusty the clown couldn't have reffed it any worse.
  • Options
    Singh i agree is the best ref
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Despite the furore surrounding the Watford-Reading game, that referee's only 'crime' was to accept his assistant's advice, if he had been unsighted himself. That's the FA's instruction anyway.

i think he was also the ref in the derby v forest league game.
    the last 5 minutes of that game was hilarious. he disallowed a goal to award a penalty, which was duly saved. then derby scored from the resulting corner but that got disallowed for a alleged push.
    krusty the clown couldn't have reffed it any worse.

okay, fair enough PBS.

I'd only heard about the Watford game - and that was clearly the lino's error.
  • Options
    Oggy, if it had just been that match I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. The QPR fans in the office were ranting about him sending off Leigertwood from 40 yards against Birmingham. Brentford are livid with him for sending off one of their players after only 8 minutes the other week, there's the shambles of the derby v forest game mentioned above, and apparently he wasn't much cop at the hull v millwall game at the weekend.
  • Options
    So who we going to have sent off???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Ali, certainly take what you said on board.

I'm not usually too bothered about what happens in football outside the world of Charlton, so a lot of football stories go over my head.

I couldn't even be arsed to read about Hull - Millwall, even though I saw there was a thread on here.

Anyway, picking up the points you made, that ref seems to have been having a choppy time of it lately, lol
  • Options
    I was at that Brentford game.

Terrible decision.

Charlie MacDonald did ok.