Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those who believe we are down already, or adament that they want Parky out...

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Just out of interest, would a win tomorrow do anything to change your stance ?

Comments

• Options
    Not one iota !
  • Options
    Not at all!!!
  • Options
    What about 3 wins on the trot starting tomorrow?
  • Options
    Unfortunately not, as long as Parkinson is with us I see no way for the club to move forward, a view re-enforced readings his comments on the OS - He does not have a clue.

But it would be nice to have something to smile about
  • Options
    no way would a win mean we will stay up.... i mean been there seen it done it , all the misplaced excitement when we beat west ham 4-0 .....
    we are down and i'm certain of that and i am a good judge unfortunately ;-)
  • Options
    Even if we were to win every game between now and the end of the season I'd still want Pardkinson out :0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What about 3 wins on the trot starting tomorrow?

that would get me thinking..... but i mean 3 wins come on be serious!!
  • Options
    Yes
    A win would give us a glimmer that PP is not the utterly inept manager he has proved to be so far.
    We shouldnt care about improved performances under PP we just needed results. Ugly hard fought results.
    A win might show us that he has the tiniest inkling on how to motivate a squad of players.
    This wouldnt give me hope for this season, but for next.

And I am unanimous in this. Well in my house anyway.
  • Options
    That could do the trick!

A single win won't change my status at all.
  • Options
    What about 3 wins on the trot starting tomorrow

0 wins in 18...........come on now. Be serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are not down yet! but can't be to optimistic we will stay up!
    We, the club need some stability but I feel Parky has proved me wrong, I thought he was the man for the job.
    Purely based on finance I think he's here to stay.
    How's that for sitting on the fence?
  • Options
    If we do get relegated without a magnificent glorious going out with all guns blazing kind of way. In other words more of the same. At that point if Parkinson remains then my season ticket ends at that point.
  • Options
    No............not even if he starts Dickson for the next half a dozeb games.

the damage has been done.
  • Options
    The Stats do not lie even if he won his next three games, he wins wise is worse than Dowie, Reed & Pardew obviously wins do change the mood but sorry Parky's has had more of a chance games wise to win a single league game than any manager throughout the whole league would of had. If he wins his next six I would then consider leaving him in charge for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Nope and Nope. We're doomed and Parky ain't the man for the job
  • Options
    Nope.

12 wins in a row might though.
  • Options
    If we wins the next 5, If he draws 2 after that if he wins 5 after that and IF we stay up then I will admit I was wrong about Pardky and he will be a new Charlton legend. So no, winning 1 game against the Stripey Sainsbury South Croydon fools does not compensate for League 1 football. We can lose 20-0 as long as we stay up!
  • Options
    He would have to win the next ten in a row for me to be impressed a little.
  • Options
    Nope we are doomed. The last ten or so games have in the main all been very winnable ........................
  • Options
    Interesting how adament most of you are.

I suspect the reality will be different if we do actually win tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

we'd still have to rely on southampton doncaster and watford to pick up 0 points from their next 3 games to be out of relegation zone.
    even then all 3 will probably beat us when they play us so we'd be back down where we are.

in a word ...no.
  • Options
    A win would be nice but in all reality all it would mean is that I win my bet with a Nigel.
  • Options
    We are down!!

I am reliably informed (By a Leicester fan) that Leicester were relegated last season with 51 points, at the moment we have 19 points which means we have to collect 33 points to get to 52, or to put it another way 11 wins!!!!!

We have 18 games left so to collect those 33 points so we need to win 11 of those 18 games, looking at our record, form, lack of player commitment, manager and direction from the board at the moment we have no chance.

Sorry guys cos it hurts me to type this but this is how I see it and it looks bleak, still I shall be there Tuesday night as always waiting for the miracle to start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Interesting how adament most of you are.

I suspect the reality will be different if we do actually win tomorrow.

Not really. A win doesn't even take us close to survival.
  • Options
    Dan

Without raining on anyones parade we are down.

We need to get all the financs in shape for next season, the management team, and players that could make a diference.

Go get Chris pOWELL WHO HAS PLAYED IN THAT dIVISION THIS SEASON AND TAP HIM UP FOR A FEW NAMES ETC ...
  • Options
    Tap him up for a few quid would be better ;0)
  • Options
    Honestly it would change my mind, because i know how i felt when we beat norwich in the cup. Felt like we'd won the cup!
  • Options
    I say no now, but if it happens, I'll feel like we're going to win every game till the end of time.
  • Options
    nope.....think we are on a hiding to nothing
  • Options
    I strongly believe in redemption and, as such, am fully prepared to see a half-full glass with a result tomorrow and proper selection.

But I will not hold my breath in the interim.