Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's been our worst player?

I imagine quite a bit of competition for this one...

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Youga has had his moments ..... but I like the lad, and would love to see him come good again.
    Just a confidence issue.
  • Options
    sweeping statement but most of them have been awful , hence our current predicament
  • Options
    If I had to make a choice it would have to be Hudson in terms of what we expected and what we got.

He seems to be costing us goals every week from what I can see.
  • Options
    Marcus Bent ---Faye-----Thomas
  • Options
    Andy Gray for the amount of money we've wasted on him and what we got in return
  • Options
    On Oggy's point, i remember it was tuesday's fixture last year when Youga played an absolute blinder, no-one got passed him that day, and when Scannell came on he pissed all over him as well, the problem with him is IMO is that he is just like Varney, a real confidence player, when he's confident he as good as we've got but when he's shite, normally, he is SHITE,

But if i was to choose I would have to pick out Burton, fat, slow, has-been piece of turd, a penny paid for him would be a penny too much!!!
  • Options
    I hate targetting individual players for criticism when the entire team at the moment is s***e.

So let's be diplomatic and pose the question in a different way. What is the main area/position in which we should be seeking a major improvement? I have to say, based not just on the current dire run but on his consistent under-performance ever since he joined us a year ago, the shirt that should be up for grabs is the one worn by Andy Gray.

You can argue -as Oggy does with admirable conviction - that it is the fault of the other ten members of the team for not playing to Gray's strengths. Burt whatever the reasons, nobody has been a bigger dissapointment, both this season and last.
  • Options
    Perrenial under achiever for me is Ambrose.....the rest havent been too crash hot have they?

Cack award has to go to Dumb and Dumber though....
  • Options
    for me, Burton.

scored 1 goal (from a penalty) - nothing from open play and apart from his overhead kick v the Saints (1st game - trying to make a good impression ?) he has not had a shot a goal. I know that our midfield havn't gone out of their way to create things for him, but on Saturday Ambrose at least tried to create things for himself, something Burton just hasn't done.

next woul come Gray - simlar to Burton but he has at least scored a couple of goals from open play
  • Options
    This season? Youga no contest. I won't forget him turning away from tackles against Bristol City, or on a few other occasions. I remember saying when he played against WBA in the cup last year that I would be shocked if he played like that for a stretch of games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dean Sinclair or . . .

The arab centre half we bought from Southampton a few years back.
  • Options
    Tom Hovi against Derby c 1994 although El Kalach (?spelling) is a good shout too.

Going back a bit Gary Churchouse wasn't up to much.
  • Options
    Youga has never been good and always trys silky skill and it never pays of. Recent years il say Youga hes let us down the most but of all the time iv bin watching us that will require some thinking.
  • Options
    From my recent-ish times (1990 onwards), El Khalej and Omar Pouso spring to mind.

Even more recently, Butterfield was awful!
  • Options
    Monging Sharon Ambrose, gutless tart now scoring twice for the freaking nigels!! If i ever see that poofy fuckwit i will smash him in his face. SPACKER
  • Options
    MCS post of the day
  • Options
    darren pitcher wins it for me, every time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]darren pitcher wins it for me, every time!

Have to agree could never understand why others liked him
  • Options
    "Hapless Hugh".............Hugh McCauly wins it for me.
  • Options
    Tahar el Khalej is my winner. 5-1 down at home to Leeds, Curbs brings on a defender to tighten up the defence, 2 minutes later he gifts Leeds their 6th. Not the best example given we'd already conceded 5, but he was shockingly bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always found Les Berry to be pretty crap!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: m2[/cite]Dean Sinclair

Is he still with us or did we get rid?
  • Options
    Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.

It all seemed so promising, didn't it?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: m2[/cite]Dean Sinclair

Is he still with us or did we get rid?
    Injured. Might be worth using him over Spring.
  • Options
    Cranie put a good portfolio of rubbishness together as did Hudson but I'd give the title to JFH.
    Especially for the Liverpool game where he didn't actually come out of the centre circle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ERed[/cite]I always found Les Berry to be pretty crap!

There was some real crap around in those days but Les was not too bad in comparison to some .