Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky can't win!

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Well we know that he can't in the literal sense of the word of course (leastways not lately)........... but what I'm referring to is his team selection.
I'm not saying that he hasn't brought this upon himself mind you (though he inherited much of the problem from Pardew of course) but the truth is that he's left himself with a selection nightmare tonight in so much as he has so many players avaiable of seemingly similar standard and ability and probably is as confused as the rest of us as to who to select.
You only have to look at the number of comments on here about who and who shouldn't be in the line up to immediately realise the problem. I've NEVER seen a more complicated and disjointed squad in the history of my 51 years of support.
Just who deserves a start is a huge open ended question...it seems that almost every side he is putting out at present is largely experimental....by it's very nature....and such will be the case tonight in a very very important fixture.
If all the selections were to be met by all the suggestions made on here over the last few days the team would be absolutely illogical......or would it....in truth guys and gals who knows?
Bottom line is that with so many players and new faces will we EVER get to see the best team out on the park this season (note I say the best team...not neccessarily the best or most entertaining eleven players...there is of course a huge difference)...there are so many different imponderables it's mind boggling.
We can all guess.......... but which eleven players will line up at kick off tonight is a complete mystery to us fans, the board the players, coaching staff and dare I say it ...Parky....and therin lies much of the problem guys and gals!

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree SoundsAs. I think you've really hit the nail on the head with this:
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]...so many players avaiable of seemingly similar standard and ability and probably is as confused as the rest of us as to who to select...
    ...will we EVER get to see the best team out on the park this season (note I say the best team...not neccessarily the best or most entertaining eleven players...there is of course a huge difference)...there are so many different imponderables it's mind boggling.
  • Options
    ridiculous thread and comments. "The poor guy must be confused??" Gimme a break. That's what the guy is paid 250k a year to do if he can't do it then find someone who can.
  • Options
    once again displaying maturity beyond your years.......what are you 5 years old?? :))
  • Options
    I wasn't saying I feel sorry for him. It's his (and Pards) fault we're in this situation. I was more just commenting on the ridiculous state of the squad - seriously how is *anyone* supposed to pick the best team from that mess? Don't want to speak for SoundAs but that was my understanding of what he was saying too.
  • Options
    A more classic example of someone not reading correctly or taking in what's been written it would be hard to imagine!
    Congratulations Show_Me....you've surpassed yourself.
  • Options
    throw as many insults my way as you like, doesn't change just how plain dumb and unintelligent your comments were.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    SoundAs said: ''I've NEVER seen a more complicated and disjointed squad in the history of my 51 years of support.''

Agree with that, although I'd have to amend the statement to 43 years. Bloody hell SoundAs, I thought I was old... Go on , tell us about Johnny Summers - one of my great regrets that I never saw him. Or Stuart Leary, whom I saw play plenty of cricket for Kent but had retired as a footballer by the time I started!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry - missed the smiley.
  • Options
    Parky will be judged on the following:-
    1) Lack of wins/points
    2) Failure to address our defensive frailties (lack of clean sheets)
    3) Continuing to bring in mediocre loanees not better than what we have
    4) Failing to bolster our central defence of two players
    5) Buying the fat, old, slow, goalshy Deon Burton
    6) Continuing to chop and change the 16 and 11 instead of picking his best side
    7) Persevering with 4-5-1 and defensive tactics when only wins will get us to safety
    8) Ignoring Dicko/Moo2/Jonjo
    I could go on, but can someone pro-Parky give us a list of positives that PP has brought to the job?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Positives -

we won a game in the FA Cup

erm ---

He finally picked Jonjo

erm - - -

he makes a great cup of tea

struggling now :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think to sum up, Parky can't win but while a lot of the problems weren't of his direct making, he's failed in virtually every dept since he took over so it's hard to feel completely sorry for the bloke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]I think to sum up, Parky can't win ........

Which, of course, is the biggest problem.