Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It starts TONIGHT

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Valley home, to ride out the storm of Relegation, and to outlive the menace of Jordan, if necessary for years, if necessary with the few.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the Addicks-every man and Woman of them. That is the will of Our Great Club.

The Season Ticket Holder and the Oft derided Plastic , linked together with their team in their cause and in their need, will defend to the end their native SE7 soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.
Even though tracts of South East London and many old and famous Players have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Pound or Euro and all the odious apparatus of the Premiership, we shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight at The Valley,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on the ground or in the air, we shall defend our Goal, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the Beaches (Chelsea),
we shall fight on the Training ground,
we shall fight if required at Huddersfield or Edgar Street.

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Club or a large part of it were relegated and Losing every week , then our Hopes beyond the Top Flight, armed and guarded by the Fans, would carry on the struggle, until, in good time, the New Manager, with all his power and might, steps forth to the rescue of Charlton Athletic."

Oh! and playing CHRIS DICKSON would help

Comments

• Options
    I'll second this one too.....hear hear old chap...bravo
  • Options
    well done bc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]
    we shall never surrender.........

I thought everybody had already surrendered?

That's what people on here are posting .......

;o)
  • Options
    From one bc to another...really appreciate your post. Is half time at the valley and we are 1 up. I am a few thousand miles away and long to be there tonight. Your post has installed some much needed fight from myself...I prey we will win this one.
  • Options
    Your prayers are answered Can-BC.

Blessings. Will there be anything else, my child?

;o)
  • Options
    bc....I'd love to think that come May you will be able to do a "Never in the field of human conflict" rendition!"
    Here's hoping.
  • Options
    yippee-i-eh-yippee-i-oh!