Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spring not playing Saturday at Sheff Utd

DA9DA9
edited January 2009 in General Charlton
I am bugged by this the more I think about it, we were told there was an agreement that he could not play, but surely, he was only on loan at Sheff Utd, he was infact a Luton player when we signed him on loan initially and then permanently a couple of days later, so how can Sheff Utd dictate or even request that he does not play against them, our agreement or fee was with Luton, not them.

Can anyone unravel why we allowed or agreed to this?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    Can anyone unravel why we allowed or agreed to this?

Presumably because it was one of the reasons Shee U insisted on in releasing him from his contract.

It was wrong.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    But he was on loan, Luton could recall him at anytime, then loan him to us and then sell him to us.

Wasn't aware there was another thread on it, apologies.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Not all loans are instantly recallable (is that a word), just the ones we set up ;0) I think the statement on the OS suggests the club feel we've nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    Nothing to worry about? Not concerend over the legality of it of what CAFC did, just the fact that we agreed to it when Sheff Utd had no legal right to, toothless with no balls IMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think we're bending on some deals simply out of desperation and we really wanted him in, but it was a bizarre set up. If the McAnuff deal had come off or the Stern John deal does come off it will be interesting to see if there's any other clauses inserted.
  • Options
    The thing that worries me is how we seem to end up the wrong way on these deals this season:-

• Varney goes to Derby as a loan but is allowed to play against us whilst still our player.
    • We buy Burton from S Wed but still cannot play for us against them.
    • We buy Spring from Luton, but S Utd say he cannot play against them.
    • McLeod is loaned to our rivals.

If Steve Waggott is in charge of transfers then he does need to explain these deals at the meeting tomorrow.
  • Options
    perhaps we weren't afraid of Varney..

:)