Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Izzy Iriekpen

Has just been released by scunthorpe because he wanted to move to aa bigger club. He is currently training with Bristol City and i think if he don't move to them he would be a good signing.

Comments

• Options
    Your not an agent by any chance are you Stubley?
  • Options
    No just saw it on sky that he has been released:)
  • Options
    sign him up ! - just imagine the 2 izzy's up front - him and Izale mcleod.
  • Options
    Well done Greg- I was just thinking of putting up a similair thread- He is a centre back for those who don't know him (II that is not Stubleyaddick)
  • Options
    Could be worth looking at, we've got to get a centre back or two in and he'd be solid in League One next season, decent in this league.

Rather him than a short term loan, by the time they settle in they're gone.
  • Options
    He was decent for Scunny against us last season - didn't he score their equaliser against us at The Valley?

Ex-West Ham youth team product and reserve, if I remember?
  • Options
    Yes I believe that you are right on both counts
  • Options
    i was going to post the same although my Uncle Nigel at Scunthorpe sacked him as captain and then they mutually finished the contract so dunno what went on

yeah he did score against us
  • Options
    Used to play football with a bloke who played in Wet Spam's youth system with him, Joe Cole and a few others. He said Iriekpen was the best player on that team - even better than Cole. This was while he was still in their reserves. Every time I've seen him he's looked pretty decent - though nothing like as good as my ex-teammate would have had me believe.

F*** it - sign him up - the more the merrier eh?
  • Options
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEGcLGNqR4

sorry bad picture but still proves that he scored
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could do with a CH even more now Fortune is out.
  • Options
    "Izzy parted company with Scunthorpe on 16th January 2009 having his contract terminated by mutual consent.

On the 26th January 2009 Gary Johnson, Bristol City FC manager, confirmed Iriekpen was on trial at the west country club with a view to signing a permanent deal. Iriekpen was due to sign for Hamilton Academicals however turned down this move in order to train with Bristol City."

He's also had a lot of bad injuries and surgery over the years - and seems a bit feisty towards his managers.
    But he's got balls, that's for sure.
  • Options
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/123099/JAMES-WILSON-IS-EVERTON-TARGET.html

This guy is a good defender, not even getting on their bench. Hopefully could be snapped up for less than quoted - is this article an example of him being put in the shop window by his agent?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Now been released by Hamilton after two games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Now been released by Hamilton after two games.

For family reasons though, not attitude/lack of ability.
  • Options
    Anyone know what's going on with him. Could be a good shout for a six month contract. Has a bit of a rep for bizarre attitude, but might be worth a shout.... maybe not if unift after being unattatched.
  • Options
    Suppose it also depends on the extent of the family reason he left Hamilton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Suppose it also depends on the extent of the family reason he left Hamilton.

Mrs Iriekpen: Izzy, it's shit up here in Hamilton, can we move back south please?

Izzy: Ok dear
  • Options
    LOL.
  • Options
    Worth a trial I would have thought. Don;t think he's a world beater but would probably be a decent enough short term signing to act as a bit of cover.
  • Options
    According to Wiki he was training with and playing for Peterborough Reserves in November 2009.