Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matty Springs a surprise win for Addicks

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4080597.Matty_Springs_a_surprise_win_for_Addicks/

Comments

• Options
    A crp report really .. not getting any sort of idea of the commitment and strengh it took for Addicks to beat this god awful Run. Have your reporters no heart or are they just Nigels in disgiuse?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]A crp report really .. not getting any sort of idea of the commitment and strengh it took for Addicks to beat this god awful Run. Have your reporters no heart or are they just Nigels in disgiuse?

Bit harsh, that was obviously written as an "on-the-run" piece by the reporter. You can't expect Brian Glanville prose when a report is written under those conditions. In these type of reports the reporter is quite literally getting down all the major incidents and filing them as they happen, the sub-editor at the paper will then collate the report from that.
  • Options
    'Just seen the goal on SSN. What a beauty and what a great noise fromThe Valley. Pure outpouring of frustration in one huge roar!'

It dosnt take much to pick up on this kind of relief from the valley faithull if your man was there he should notice such things, go on report on want it meant for so many .
  • Options
    Oi, that's my copyright Shrew! lol

God it feels great (and odd) to have that winning feeling again!
  • Options
    Sorry ........er ........quote Valley11.
  • Options
    Matty Spring Spring Spring!!!! (instant hero!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Matty Spring Spring Spring!!!! (instant hero!)

2 goals in his first 3 Charlton matches.

That was about what Clive Mendonca managed !
  • Options
    If Mr Spring is a quarter as good as God himself then I will be very happy!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]A crp report really .. not getting any sort of idea of the commitment and strengh it took for Addicks to beat this god awful Run. Have your reporters no heart or are they just Nigels in disgiuse?[/quote]

I disagree Shrew. The match report may appear dry but it was written on the hop and is therefore more fact based than opinionated.
  • Options
    Thing is, Glanville does turn out polished copy off the top of his head, which is why he's a legend - as well as mad as a hatter.

But with due respect it's unlikely Glanville would work for the News Shopper, so let's give credit where it's due for the fact they have a report at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Thing is, Glanville does turn out polished copy off the top of his head, which is why he's a legend - as well as mad as a hatter.

But with due respect it's unlikely Glanville would work for the News Shopper, so let's give credit where it's due for the fact they have a report at all.[/quote]

No he wouldn't last two minutes in Petts Wood : )

He is funny, though, I have to agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]A crp report really .. not getting any sort of idea of the commitment and strengh it took for Addicks to beat this god awful Run. Have your reporters no heart or are they just Nigels in disgiuse?

I disagree Shrew. The match report may appear dry but it was written on the hop and is therefore more fact based than opinionated.

News Hopper, then?

;o)