Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

well done

...on beating us tonight (I'm trying to be gracious here, I'm not confident I'm going to get such grace back)

The result was almost scarily inevitable - very, very Palace to lose that one.

I do, of course, trust that this doesn't kick-start your season.

Anyway - I'm sure you've been hurting for a long time, so enjoy it while it lasts

Comments

• Options
    Cheers David.
  • Options
    f---k off

;)
  • Options
    no. fair play to you.

im definately not so gracious in defeat!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Cheers David.

Hey, Shrew .... are you on that 2nd bottle of red now?
  • Options
    as I said a few weeks back, "out with hate, in with love"

now, can we address your bizarre hatred of all things palace - it really is most odd
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite]as I said a few weeks back, "out with hate, in with love"

now, can we address your bizarre hatred of all things palace - it really is most odd

But then David, you don't really care of course ....... ;o)
  • Options
    Im on the slightly stupid smiley phase mate.... lets hope it dosnt disapeer at turd moor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Im on the slightly stupid smiley phase mate.... lets hope it dosnt disapeer at turd moor

Nice one!

I found a can of Carlsberg Export lurking at the back of the fridge - one my lad must've had left over from Xmas, so I stole that.

Tasted like paint stripper - so serves me right, lol
  • Options
    My own elation is only slighly tempered by a nagging, worrying concern for Palace. When oh when will their dreadful run end?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite]as I said a few weeks back, "out with hate, in with love"

It all goes back to Ron Noades...and the way he/Palace fans generally treated us when we were guests at Selhurst. But let's not start that off tonight. Thanks for your graciousness, I'd like to wish you well for the remainder of the season but the words would stick in my throat, let's just say I hope if we need you guys to beat any of the bottom few teams that you don't let us down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the goal on SSN. What a beauty and what a great noise fromThe Valley. Pure outpouring of frustration in one huge roar!

I couldn't give a f that it was Palace, we won and that's all that matters to me.
  • Options
    Very sporting Mr Sylvian, I must say that I am also not as gracious in defeat but fair play to your goodself. We deserved that, although I have to say any kind of league win is worth a party on the moon right now! That said it is all the sweeter to register it over the glaziers!
  • Options
    Yes, rather paneful for the Glaziers. Must be shattering to lose to Charlton.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yes, ratherpaneful for the Glaziers. Must beshatteringto lose to Charlton.

;o)

They were putty in our hands!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yes, ratherpaneful for the Glaziers. Must beshatteringto lose to Charlton.

;o)

They were putty in our hands!

We just needed a window of opportunity - and then we got the breaks.
  • Options
    Cracking finish...
  • Options
    I can see clearly now
  • Options
    The rain has gone.
  • Options
    dear david can you please explain why your websites are full to the nigel brim with charlton threads every week?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite](I'm trying to be gracious here, I'm not confident I'm going to get such grace back)
    Predictably you were wrong and I wonder why you had to make that remark. It's almost as if you think you're better than someone...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite]...on beating us tonight (I'm trying to be gracious here, I'm not confident I'm going to get such grace back)

The result was almost scarily inevitable - very, very Palace to lose that one.

I do, of course, trust that this doesn't kick-start your season.

Anyway - I'm sure you've been hurting for a long time, so enjoy it while it lasts

Thanks. Also thank Mr Warnock from all of us. His comments will hopefully prove an inspiration to our club for the rest of the season. I'm hoping Parky puts the clipping up on the dressing room wall. No other motivational speech will be necessary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: david sylvian[/cite]Anyway - I'm sure you've been hurting for a long time, so enjoy it while it lasts

No so long for us as it goes. Head to head since '96 reads as follows:

Championship
    2009-01-27 - 19:45 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 1-0
    2008-09-30 - 20:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 1-0
    2008-02-08 - 19:45 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-0
    2007-09-01 - 15:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 0-1
    2000-03-25 - 17:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 0-1
    1999-12-26 - 17:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-1
    1997-03-08 - 17:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-1
    1996-12-21 - 17:00 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 1-0
    1996-02-04 - 17:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 0-0

Premier League
    2005-05-15 - 15:00 Charlton Athletic Crystal Palace 2-2
    2004-12-05 - 16:05 Crystal Palace Charlton Athletic 0-1

Charlton Vs Palace since 96 - Won 7, Lost 2, Drawn 2

Guessing it's been more painful for you than us over the long term.
  • Options
    Thanks David.