Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You couldn't make it up

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
I spotted this on the South London Press site next to tonight's Charlton report:

Poll

Has Millwall's reputation been damaged by the violence against Hull at the KC Stadium?
O Yes
O No

I wonder who got paid to dream that one up ....? lol

Comments

• Options
    heard that geek danny baker on radio 5 or whatever it was saying how he remembers being in the qpr end with his old man when millwall lost 6-1 and his old man clumped someone... scum end of

but fair play to him he did point out that when millwall club officials say 'these aren't millwall fans' referring to the yobs that cause the trouble they are talking shit cos they are millwall fans!!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Let's face it Millwall are not known for their football, they are known for "other things", if they did not have these "other things" going on then they would not even merit being mentioned in the same breath as Crewe, Notts County et al (and I mean no disrespect to these fine clubs when I say that). They are in short a club of total insignificance to the football world as a whole.
    That the South Millwall Press even needs to pose this question sums both Millwall and the Smp up in a nutshell. It's akin to those daft questions they use on crap ITV shows where the answer is so obvious that even a Millwall supporter (if they possess the technical know how of how to use a telephone) could answer.

My answer to the SMP's brain teaser would be NO as I believe that Millwall's reputation as the nation's finest exponents of football hooliganism remains undiminished and that if league tables were based on what the 'wall are good at then they would be one of the big 4 gawd bless em an' no mistake love a duck etc.
  • Options
    On a related subject, next Tuesday night is going to be interesting on the trains and tubes.
    Millwall are at home to Colchester
    Palace are at home to Birmingham (so London Bridge is going to be one to avoid)
    Leyton Orient are at home to Leeds
    Arsenal are at home to Cardiff for their Cup replay
    and QPR are at home to Swansea (Paddington is going to be carnage!)

So if you're going away to Bristol City, you might have some problems getting back...
  • Options
    London may not exist after that little lot!