Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Soares

Fecking quality last night, even though he is a nigel reject.

Comments

• Options
    Must admit he looked pretty good, deceivingly quick and managed to retain the ball depsite seemingly getting tackled all of the time.

Think he did try too hard to impress a couple of times and was doing things in areas of the field that he shouldnt have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Must admit he looked pretty good, deceivingly quick and managed to retain the ball depsite seemingly getting tackled all of the time.

Think he did try too hard to impress a couple of times and was doing things in areas of the field that he shouldnt have.

agree on both points.

Got better as the game went on and there was more room. Seems like a CM playing wide.
  • Options
    definately got much better in the 2nd half once he'd settled down a bit.
  • Options
    lad done well
  • Options
    He comes with a label that says he's primarily CM, but with a proviso that he's willing to play on the wing.
  • Options
    I thought he did ok cant wait to see what he can do against any other team than them, as i felt at times it looked like he didnt want to hurt them, ithink them kicking him didnt do us any harm last night
  • Options
    Yeah, NLA .... he probably didn't expect to get roughed up by the same players he called team mates at the beginning of this season.
  • Options
    Palace fan at work said he is much better in the middle of the park and cant cross for toffee.
  • Options
    Thought he did well.

Which was surprising as most loanees we get don't work out like that.
  • Options
    I agree. Thought he was our best attacking player last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really like the lad and wish we could keep him for the remainder of the season....maybe even a permanent if we stay up!!
  • Options
    Problem was that we had to put Sam on the left to accomodate him. He attempted to play on the left at Weds and was awful. For me we desperately need a big lump up front and cover at the back - more so after losing Forch, so if it is a matter of using thin resources then he would be low on my priority list.
  • Options
    Personally thought he looked like he would have rather been somewhere else.
  • Options
    I can see why he might be good through the middle as he was strong getting past their blokes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Personally thought he looked like he would have rather been somewhere else.

Can't blame him - amidst the mass hysteria of us winning and our players and fans celebrating like we'd won the FA Cup you have to remember he was a Palace player for a long time and only recently left them.

I thought he got better as the game went on and did a professional job
  • Options
    He did ok, some good moments. At times probably didn't have enough support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Personally thought he looked like he would have rather been somewhere else.

Can't blame him - amidst the mass hysteria of us winning and our players and fans celebrating like we'd won the FA Cup you have to remember he was a Palace player for a long time and only recently left them.

I thought he got better as the game went on and did a professional job

I didn't begrudge him going up to the Jimmy Seed and applaud the Nigels.
  • Options
    Is he on loan until the end of the season?
  • Options
    No 1 month, could be extended to 2 or 3, or made a half season loan I think.
  • Options
    I don't think he's a RM and i don't think Sam works on the left as he has to continually cut back. But then who can play on the left? Basey isn't really good enough.
    Be interesting to see what team gets put out next month if Soares, Ambrose, ZZ, Racon, Bailey, Sam and Shelvey are all here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tel i mentioned it earlier thank feck i wasnt imagining it, He did not want to play in that last night, The fact taht they kept booting him meant he had to get on with it, but he didnt want to play i reckon, The thing is at times he was excellent so if he does want to start playing we could be in for a good time
  • Options
    Spot on mate...he showed some nice touches, but didnt look as though he had his heart in it. Time will tell.....speaking to a Nigel after the game, he said he tended to drift in and out of games
  • Options
    i also thought Llyod Sam played well on the left.
    Good home debut.
  • Options
    Can't get my head around the idea that he'd play a restrained game due to playing against a side he had a bit of affection for.

I remember a Sunderland fan playing his nuts off for us 11 years ago against the team he supported, and telling his fellow Mackems exactly where to go in the process.

Different times then though, I s'pose.
  • Options
    I think Sam is probably our best option on the left, he is certainly better there than Ambrose and has more attacking threat than Basey.

I see Bouazza set up the winner for Brum the other night.
  • Options
    Tom if you read this or someone tells you. A BIG WELL DONE FROM THE FANS. It can't have been easy playing against your boyhood team. Keep it up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]

I remember a Sunderland fan playing his nuts off for us 11 years ago against the team he supported, and telling his fellow Mackems exactly where to go in the process.

Different times then though, I s'pose.[/quote]

Exactly