Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official 'Slit yer wrists' thread

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
sorry, although I'm glad we won, at last, and glad we beat Palace, I just can't get excited over last night. We are still 8 points adrift of safety, 9 really because of our poor GD, we have a buffoon as manager who doesn't realise that we need to score goals to win games, we have a squad with just two centre halves, one of whom has now picked up a long term injury, and two tough away games coming up from which we will probably get nada. I just can't get carried away over 1 win in 19 games. Relieved yes, excited no.

Comments

• Options
    Feel better now?

It must run in the family, lol

;o)
  • Options
    Someone should prozac in your booze
  • Options
    If we can repeat last nights effort and performance we have a chance of winning some games, that is all I ask at the moment (that we don't just roll over and die - and we play dicko of course)
  • Options
    all we need is for another side to have a real off day against us in the next two and the belief will start to build and the gap will have closed a bit. All I want is to be able to go into the Norwich game with something to play for
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]sorry, although I'm glad we won, at last, and glad we beat Palace, I just can't get excited over last night. We are still 8 points adrift of safety, 9 really because of our poor GD, we have a buffoon as manager who doesn't realise that we need to score goals to win games, we have a squad with just two centre halves, one of whom has now picked up a long term injury, and two tough away games coming up from which we will probably get nada. I just can't get carried away over 1 win in 19 games. Relieved yes, excited no.

I think everyone is fully aware of that. There is a lot of work left to do if we want to have any chance of avoiding the drop. This is a start, & hopefully not another false dawn. (Too much 'turned the corner' bollocks spouted by PP).

The victory, when taken in its own context, still tastes sweet though.
  • Options
    I think the context isn't as bad as you think

we were losing to some very poor teams
    our performances have improved somewhat
    we are conceding less goals - well kind of
    we have had a lot of away games very recently
    we have won in the cup recently
    we have now won in the league and with a clean sheet

I am not suggesting we're there yet, but we are certainly in a better position then we were when Pards left in my view, although I think we should have kept Varney on the wing.
  • Options
    17 games left, I reckon we need to win 8 and draw 3, allowing 6 loses. Difficult, but not impossible, if we pick up a couple of wins out of the next few games and it's suddenly 6 wins and 3 draws from 15, or 5 wins and 3 draws from 14, then we can actually start to hope.

I just don't get people who have no hope or optimism in them. Why do they buy a ticket at all? Surely they would have seen in the summer we weren't going to win the division, so by their logic they needn't have turned up all season.
  • Options
    I don't think many of us are under any illusions regarding the prospects for the rest of the season BUT

enjoy the moment- bright spots have been few and far between.
  • Options
    dont think people are getting to excited one day of the doom and gloom after the first league win in 3 months is not much to ask.

Back to the daily grind tomorrow
  • Options
    Some of you really disappoint me at times. Its like you're more interested in being proved right than things working out.

We've just won our first game in three months, against a side we would dearly have loved to have beat, and all some want to do is highlight negatives.

Very disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Some of you really disappoint me at times. Its like you're more interested in being proved right than things working out.

We've just won our first game in three months, against a side we would dearly have loved to have beat, and all some want to do is highlight negatives.

Very disappointed.

yeah,you go girl!
  • Options
    I want to savour the rare taste of victory for the next 24 hours.

Let's enjoy it - and then tomorrow we can reflect upon the fact that due to other results, in terms of the table we are exactly where we were before the Palace game.

That is indeed a depressing thought, as you say Large. But I refuse to entertain it until Thursday!
  • Options
    Don't entertain it at all, Nige.

If the club is to get out of this mess, the last thing we need is the players focussing on the negatives rather than the possibilities.

And if we're to play our part as supporters, we should do the same.
  • Options
    Going to bed thinking about Cheese Rolls is bound to give anyone nightmares.
  • Options
    If we had lost last night and the results had gone against us, our season would have been over. With Palace rejoicing in telling us that.

Its not, its still alive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Some of you really disappoint me at times. Its like you're more interested in being proved right than things working out.

I think that's reflected in society as a whole these days AFKA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If we had lost last night and the results had gone against us, our season would have been over. With Palace rejoicing in telling us that.

Its not, its still alive.

I'm just too scared to dream. But it was a very sweet win and just so wonderful to see us all jumping about with smiles on our faces again.
  • Options
    AS AFKA says with Donny and Forest winning then if we hadn't won it would have been goodnight Vienna.

As it is we are down (the bottom) but not quite out.

If he picks the right team on Saturday then maybe there is still hope.

Don't forget Burnley have a huge FA Cup replay next Tues which they will see as very winnable - they might rest a couple or not fancy too many 50-50 challenges

Over to you Mr Parkinson...
  • Options

I told you so!

;o)