Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One thing that really had me scratching my head last night

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
The amount of time we took to get Matty Holland onto the pitch....I'm no expert but I could see Fortune wasn't going to make it a good three minutes before Matty joined the action....that really needs looking at IMHO!

Comments

• Options
    maybe Fortune said to the bench leave it 3 minutes I might be able to run it off - just a thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]maybe Fortune said to the bench leave it 3 minutes I might be able to run it off - just a thought.

ruptured achilles and he thought he could run it off!

NUTTER!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]maybe Fortune said to the bench leave it 3 minutes I might be able to run it off - just a thought.

I know what you mean Ledge....but honestly, I and a few others round me could see he wasn't gonna make it even before he came off the pitch.
    And why wasn't Holland stripped off ready......instead of running up and down the touch line/
  • Options
    Must admit though - when he came on I thought Holland was absolutely superb

hats off to the fella and I really hope he sticks around in a coaching capacity at the club when he does hang his boots up
  • Options
    I noticed that, did any else see what happened with Dickson?

He was warming up, they called him back to the bench, he got changed into shorts, then went to warm up again. They then called him back again and eventually he came on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]The amount of time we took to get Matty Holland onto the pitch....I'm no expert but I could see Fortune wasn't going to make it a good three minutes before Matty joined the action....that really needs looking at IMHO!

You could see he wanted to run it off but after a couple of steps he had no chance! Shame really, he was doing well!

The thing that really fucked me off was when they had a semi dangerous free kick the ref allowed them to make a double substitution even though they weren't 100% ready & held up play for it. We had a throw in, Dicko was ready to come on & the ref made us wait & play on!! W@nker!
  • Options
    nits?
  • Options
    When we're down to our last player who can play centre back (Holland), with two others of our back four carrying injuries (Murty and Hudson), I don't mind if he spends a minute more getting warmed up whilst Fortune assessed his injury. Last thing we needed was for Holland to strain or pull something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]When we're down to our last player who can play centre back (Holland), with two others of our back four carrying injuries (Murty and Hudson), I don't mind if he spends a minute more getting warmed up whilst Fortune assessed his injury. Last thing we needed was for Holland to strain or pull something.

tricky..... by coincidence he'd 'already' been warming up for quite a while before Fortune went down...he was ready to come on immediately.
    I sit behind the dug out...albeit at the top of The West Upper and had a clear view of ALL that went on....Sorry but we dallied way too long.....without question it could have cost us dear.....during that time about 4 or 5 deliveries were put into our box....with only ten men on the pitch....ludicrous!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I noticed that, did any else see what happened with Dickson?

He was warming up, they called him back to the bench, he got changed into shorts, then went to warm up again. They then called him back again and eventually he came on.
    I dunno about that, but it looked like we wanted to bring him on when the ball went out for a throw, but the 4th official was having problems with the board, so the ref made us play on and we had to wait until the next time it went out for him to come on instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

NUTTER!

Well in hindsight if I had known that I would not have said it - just seen it on the OS so fair point.

Means we deffo need a centre half now Fortune out for the rest of the season with that injury
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]tricky..... by coincidence he'd 'already' been warming up for quite a while before Fortune went down...he was ready to come on immediately.

ok fair enough, I didn't see that!
  • Options
    Nasty injury...damn it.....damn damn damn!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]The thing that really fucked me off was when they had a semi dangerous free kick the ref allowed them to make a double substitution even though they weren't 100% ready & held up play for it. We had a throw in, Dicko was ready to come on & the ref made us wait & play on!! W@nker!
    Just one of many decisions/non-decisions he made that showed he just wasn't up to the job.

A Palace fan at work is well connected when it comes to the referee's/assessor network. He's very into ref stats and is very switched on about the various referees. He said to me yesterday that Mr Attwell wasn't all that. He wasn't wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

NUTTER!

I knew it had to be a bad one for him to go off.

This is a guy who played with a broken toe without painkillers a couple of seasons back and some fans question his commitment!