Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone else notice we played The Great Escape music straight after the final whistle?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Made me chuckle anyway!!

Comments

• and the kid was put on earlier and the feesh all but disappeared.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]and the kid was put on earlier and the feesh all but disappeared.

What ever next the club listening to us!!!
  • Suzi must have a bit of clout down there then
  • Ahem........
  • the fish came on during play or at an inopportune moment as I recall? or am I misremembering?
  • I'm assuming that it was the track you were supposed to have played :-)

At least you don't have to take phone calls at the same time eh Dave!

(Ducks and runs for cover)
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]I'm assuming that it was the track you were supposed to have played :-)

At least you don't have to take phone calls at the same time eh Dave!

(Ducks and runs for cover)

But I do have to put up with Lucas and Danny Boy!!

Yes we did play TGE - It was a special request from Parky before the match. His words were "When we win, can you play the Great Escape?"

He knew exactly what last night meant to us and made sure that the players knew.
  • Bit previous if you ask me...
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Yes we did play TGE - It was a special request from Parky before the match. His words were "When we win, can you play the Great Escape?"

He knew exactly what last night meant to us and made sure that the players knew.
    He said "When we win"? Cor, that's confidence for you.
  • Next Parky will come out of the tunnel on a motorbike..............
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Next Parky will come out of the tunnel on a motorbike..............
    Paddy'd have his guts for garters if he did that to his beloved pitch!
  • i did notice that towards the end of the half-time interval, the intro to a song came on that sparked the palace fans into life with their 'we're the red and blue army'.
    don't know the title of the song but good work, whoever faded it out rather than play the whole thing.
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah White Stripes - was shocked when they played it! Even after they were singing it in the 1st half!!!
  • Me again and I didn't hear them singing it - I wouldn't have played it otherwise.
  • [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]Yeah White Stripes - was shocked when they played it! Even after they were singing it in the 1st half!!!

Thought it was a good song. Nicked from Italy or somewhere via another English club no doubt. About their only decent song, mind you.

Were - the - red - and - white - army

It will work until we start singing Parkinson's Red and White Army (oh, you will Oscar, you will )
  • OK then so who in our team are most like the characters/actors from The Great Escape? discuss

Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, David McCullum, Donald Pleasence, James Coburn, James Garner, Gordon Jackson, Richard Attenborough, James Donald, Angus Lennie, Nigel Stock, John Leyton etc
  • [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]OK then so who in our team are most like the characters/actors from The Great Escape? discuss

Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, David McCullum, Donald Pleasence, James Coburn, James Garner, Gordon Jackson, Richard Attenborough, James Donald, Angus Lennie, Nigel Stock, John Leyton etc

Good one. You should do it as a new thread IMHO