Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else well-up at all last night?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
I didn't physically shed a tear - but the old voice went a little bit wobbly when I called my wife after the game.....

GOD I LOVE MY CLUB!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Love the club lot my voice
    but as for Crying

NAH
  • Options
    At full time I collapses in to my seat, I was exhausted and stunned. Usually I would be manically celebrating after a big win.
  • Options
    I just stood there slightly shellshocked not quite believing it had happened. I loved Rob Elliot's reaction at the end more than made up for nobody doing the Chris Powell tunnel thing.

I don't think I fully believed it until I met an euphoric AFKA in the gents!
  • Options
    "I don't think I fully believed it until I met an euphoric AFKA in the gents! "

And the rest, as they say, is history ..........
  • Options
    Last night was the most animated I have ever been at a Charlton game. I am usually very reserved and restrained but last night I was up and down like a whores drawers!!

Shouting, effin and jeffin, all the emotions.

But seeing Robbie and Murty celebrating as they did at the end really got me - some of these guys are hurting and that means a lot more to me than the overpaid wastrels of the past few years
  • Options
    i met Northstandsteve on the way out... "we're still going down" where his words or to that effect.

what a miserable bastard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"I don't think I fully believed it until I met an euphoric AFKA in the gents! "

And the rest, as they say, is history ..........

Yes I could have phrased that better!:-)
  • Options
    I was very nervous for the whole match - but a started to feel really sick at about 75/80 mins. I just had visions of something going wrong.... How wrong was I.

:o)
  • Options
    I was a bit choked myself.....hadnt seen a live game since Southampton due to being overseas, so it was all a bit much.
  • Options
    I was sick, but that was some time after the end of the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nearly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I didn't physically shed a tear - but the old voice went a little bit wobbly when I called my wife after the game.....

GOD I LOVE MY CLUB!!!!!

Hey, Swizz .... you meant to tell the wife, that you love HER!

Or so SHE expects .......

;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I held back the tears - was on the brink though,

kinda exploded on the final whistle was so relieved, sayin that I had just stood in the same spot refuseing to move or talk to anyone from bout the 30th min mark, inlcuding no half time piss/pint/pie, didn't wanna jinx it, I have also 'retired' the clothes I was wearing until the next home game - gonna look a mug in my suit on a sat but who cares, I will try almost anything for us to go on a winning streak
  • Options
    I was singing hoarsely in Floyd Road, couldn't have been happier.
  • Options
    I still can't talk!!!!

& still can't stop smiling!!!!!

Pah to all those who are trying to drag me back down to earth..................be gone foul spirits.........i will enjoy our moment!!!!
  • Options
    I just looked to the heavens and bellowed out the biggest scream of relief I could muster. As for the crowd to sing "We are staying up" I did say to those around me, "Don't get carried away, we've won but staying up is still a mile off." As for the Palace mugs saying we celebrated like we'd won the cup I think we'd have gone that mad if we'd beaten anyone, 3 months and 23 days is a long time without a league win but doing it against Palace was extra special. I just hope we can kick on from here, a win at Burnley and a string of favourable results is a must to close the gap at the bottom and have a chance of survival.
  • Options
    I have all but lost my voice. When we scored my brother and my mate sitting in the row behind me just went mental, I accidentally ripped a massive hole in my brothers jacket. When Chris Dickson passed that ball across the face goal (I've no idea who nearly got the touch) I collapsed in despair. When the ref called 5 minutes of extra time I hit the start button on my stopwatch. It was hell.

Today I keep having the occasional smile to myself.
  • Options
    B

did you expect any less from the angry fella??

cant wait for derby though B going to be a quailty trip
  • Options
    I was surprised at my own reaction, first after we scored, standing up and bellowing at the Nigels to "have sex and travel" (insert a well known phrase), whilst waving my fist. And again at the end of the game!! The bloke in front looked around at me with a quizical look as if to say " aren't you the bloke who every week, lectures his son about not using the "f" word?"....:o)
  • Options
    Bing,
    you meant you swore ??!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I almost fell down a couple of rows when we scored, my shin caught the seat in front - very nearly went.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bing,
    you meant you swore ??!!

And then some!!