Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This takeover rumour. Anything in it ?

Read the comment on other thread about this possible buyer. Is it rubbish or what ?

Comments

• Options
    It's a mystery sealed bid.

The problem is when they open it, the offer will say three shillings and sixpence and half a dozen books of Green Shield stamps. (anyone remember them? showing my age again, I fear...)
  • Options
    Doubt anyone could give a 100% answer either way
  • Options
    Aaaagh! not more 'Zabeel-esque' torture, please!

After that debacle, let's just put all our energy into the Burnley game, rather than musing and meandering about imponderables.

If it is to happen, we'll find out sure enough when the time is right.
  • Options
    all I am asking is it just made up or not. Hardly a crime and quite frankly I am interested in knowing.
  • Options
    Well I'm fooked if i'm legging it off down the Valley again to be part of the assembled masses who gathered for the news the last time...all 6 of us!!

What say you Henry?
  • Options
    I appear to have missed something - I need to go searching.

I shall not get too excited right now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I appear to have missed something - I need to go searching.

I shall not get too excited right now!

It is mentioned early on in the AGM thread
  • Options
    from the little i have heard, apparently there is no truth in it.
  • Options
    PS Should takeover rumour discussions be members only?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]PS Should takeover rumour discussions be members only?

If there is substance to them yes if no substance doesn't matter one way or the other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think we'll see it happening until our status next season is known. Face it, you wouldn't buy something now that you could buy in May for a lot less would you?
  • Options
    Simon Jordan take over haha!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Don't think we'll see it happening until our status next season is known. Face it, you wouldn't buy something now that you could buy in May for a lot less would you?

My GF would ....... lol
  • Options
    I'm with Oggy.

I don't think I could take the misery of another failed bid - I'd rather not think about it at all.

Would love it to happen (obviously) but please only tell us if its done and dusted!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Well I'm fooked if i'm legging it off down the Valley again to be part of theassembled masseswho gathered for the news the last time...all 6 of us!!

What say you Henry?

You can do an interview this time if you like and anyway you only work around the corner : - )

If it is true, and who knows, I hope that nothing comes out until it is a done deal, due diligence is over and the cash is in the bank.

Then we can avoid the worry, media frenzy and gut wrenching disappointment of last time and move straight to the celebrating.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Well I'm fooked if i'm legging it off down the Valley again to be part of theassembled masseswho gathered for the news the last time...all 6 of us!!

What say you Henry?

You can do an interview this time if you like and anyway you only work around the corner : - )

If it is true, and who knows, I hope that nothing comes out until it is a done deal, due diligence is over and the cash is in the bank.

Then we can avoid the worry, media frenzy and gut wrenching disappointment of last time and move straight to the celebrating.

Hear hear!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]... it is true ... I hope that nothing comes out until it is a done deal
    Wow!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The words Charlton athletic and takeover should never be uttered in the same sentence as far as i am concerned.

I want nothing to do with it.They can f**k off.
  • Options
    I see Beckham maybe taking over Orient !!! Why not us get Tom Cruise on board and bobs your uncle we will be all scientolgists !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]I see Beckham maybe taking over Orient !!! Why not us get Tom Cruise on board and bobs your uncle we will be all scientolgists !!

Beckham has denied this, though one of his advisors Terry Byrne has put in a bid to buy the o's, according to Bazza Hearn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's quite obvious that fresh money is needed at The Valley and I would love a sensible take over to happen, though I like everyone else don't want to hear about it until it is a done deal.