Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exclusive: Dickson - I'll stay if I play

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=3641&headline=Exclusive:%20Dickson%20-%20I'll%20stay%20if%20I%20play%20more%20games

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Dicko, score a hatrick in every reserve game, and at least 1 every time you are a sub and you will play... (I would hope)

Once you get into the first 11 consistently you can relax as there is no pressure from anywhere else, eh.
  • Options
    Headline is potentially a bit misleading - it sounds like he's issuing Parky an ultimatum. But on reading it, fortunately he's a lot more diplomatic than that. I like the way he talks, even if he is a bit premature in thinking he could be a legend like Bent and Mendonca!
  • Options
    I said this to the chaps in the lib on Tuesday if he didnt play against them he wouldnt play for us again
  • Options
    So he wants to be the next Benty or Super Clive, well guess what I doubt there is a fan anywhere that does not want him to be either. Any goal scoring striker would be a bonus
  • Options
    Dickson says:

"......I have followed the careers of people like Clive Mendonca and Darren Bent and I would love to be thought of in the same way as they are by the fans."

A Charlton player who knows a bit of club history, and being a local lad, must have seen SuperClive play at The Valley?

Who did Dicko support as a boy - anyone know?
  • Options
    perhaps he just watched the video clip before the start of the match?
  • Options
    Probably WHU
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Done more in two cameos than Gray has done in 16 games.
  • Options
    Nice Rhyme: Ill stay if I play.

Reminds of a class newspaper pun about Dennis Bergkamp signing a new contract at Arsenal

"Ill linger longer for Wengers Wonga"
  • Options
    Just read elsewhere that at the AGM the board said Gray would be sold if we could get another striker in.

So why are we still playing him? Not to mention the fact he's the most ineffective striker I've ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just don't get why Parkinson doesn't start Dicko unless in training he doesn't bother or his off field activities ala David Whyte are so bad. But we have nothing to lose now and his pace alone frightens defenders .
  • Options
    Dicko loves us really and truely wants to be a legend here or at least fail trying not fail from the bench

god bless ya dicko i wish i could get you a run but we fans are unable to do it good luck son i know you read it
  • Options
    Dicko reads and posts on here ....?

Is he a phantom or a lurker?

;o)
  • Options
    he reads mine Oggy LOL
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he reads mine Oggy LOL

And Jonjo reads your posts too, NLA .... ?

I'd better be careful what I write, don't want them leaving, do we ..... lol

PS: Any other players read this board, Rob Elliott, Josh Wright, Andy Gray.....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Nice Rhyme: Ill stay if I play.

Reminds of a class newspaper pun about Dennis Bergkamp signing a new contract at Arsenal

"Ill linger longer for Wengers Wonga"
    Like the two clubs - not even in the same league!!
  • Options
    Dicko definitely a lurker,Oggy.

If you didn't live at the other end of the country, you would have surely noted his lurking presence on the streets of SE7, hanging around on the corner of Floyd Rd, boots slung over his shoulder in the hope that someone will give him a game!
  • Options
    If Andy Gray is reading this:

Please re-learn how to jump, I'm sure I saw you leave the ground last year.

I watched you the whole game on Tuesday and you never once, not once in 90 mins has both feet off the floor.

I hear you've had some personal problems and I'm sorry to hear that. However if you are going to play could you start at least looking like a footballer again, I was so embarrassed that my girlfriend spotted how rubbish you were after just 10 mins "What's the matter with that guy, he's not doing anything" "Can't that guy jump?"

I hear from the training ground that you are no longer considered a target man, so can you please bring something else to the team?

When you close down a defender, we do not want the ball to go forward, so please stop jogging sideways like a crab towards him, run directly at him, this will at least make him think.

I know footballers can lose confidence but honestly and I'm sad to say it you don't look anything like a footballer, there was one point on Tuesday where somehow the ball fell to your feet in 10 yards of space, i feared the worst. By the time the opposition had reached you (5 seconds later) you had 4 touches and still hadn't got the ball under control. I honestly didn't know where to look.

I think it's best for everyone if you feign a injury (which you can miraculously recover from if we have a bid) as Parkinson will obviously play you however you perform.

I can see you're a trier but sometimes it's not supposed to be.

Best of luck for the future Andy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Dicko definitely a lurker,Oggy.

If you didn't live at the other end of the country, you would have surely noted his lurking presence on the streets of SE7, hanging around on the corner of Floyd Rd, boots slung over his shoulder in the hope that someone will give him a game!

Ha ha, Nigel ........ I thought that description could apply to half the posters on this board.
  • Options
    To be honest I think the ball is in Dicksons court.

If he just does what Parky and Kinsella ask of him he would be in that team in a flash.

In that 20 min cameo on Tuesday night he added to the pressure the defence were under by some simple indiscipline. But with Murty and Hudson crocked and Holland on for Fortune he could have assisted the team a little more.

If he can eradicate that and build on the skill pace and composure hes got he could become a legend and I hope he does. I am guessing it will be 4-5-1 on Saturday (assuming we can find a back 4) so I dont expect a start but he could be really useful for the last 30 mins or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky talking about Dicko today:

....Parkinson also indicated Chris Dickson had boosted his chances of staying at The Valley in recent weeks, even though the striker remains on the transfer list.

The manager said: “We haven't had any enquiries about any of our players.

“Some first division clubs enquired about Dickson but he wasn't really interested in going at that point.

“He has since come off the bench three times and made an impact - he has added things to his game in the last three weeks “Dickson doesn't want to leave, he wants to play.

“It is up to him to take his chance when he gets it and he is far further ahead in our thoughts than he was a month ago.”
  • Options
    Hopefully Dicko will get his chance and then ask to be removed from the transfer list.

there's optomism for ya.