Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best 'new' ground

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
following the worst ground thread.....

Do any of the newly opened grounds have any merit? I think Huddersfield is better than most. Can't stand Southampton or Middlesborough.

Comments

• Options
    Hudd won an architectural award I believe.

Very disappointed with the view we had at the Emirates.
  • Options
    Sunderland's is ok.......

Hate Boro, Derby, and Bolton - all of which seem to have come off the same drawing board.
  • Options
    I liked Coventry and Man City.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I like the Stadium of Light and the City of Manchester Stadium, the rest are a bit meh
  • Options
    er the Valley aint bad...

:)
  • Options
    I thought the Emirates was pretty good, to many are just carbon copies of each other, Boro, Saints, Derby etc...
  • Options
    Funny, I was chatting to my mate about this last weekend as we were reminiscing about the grounds we've been to. Huddersfield is a terrific stadium but apart from that I've always found most of the New build stadia to be devoid of any character, the Emirates and Eastlands are perfect examples of this and looking at the plans for the new White Heart Lane stadium it seems the English approach to new stadium builds will result in more indentikit building. I much prefer grounds that been developed over a period of time like Stamford Bridge.

My favourite new stadium isn't in England, but Germany. The Rhein Energie Stadion in Cologne is brilliantly designed. Ironically it feels like an old fashioned English stadium with the fans right next and over the pitch. It's also visually striking with its vertical floodlight towers at each corner. Also, the beer and half-time sausages are excellent.
  • Options
    Wembley! Shame about the atmosphere though. The other new grounds are all pretty crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Funny, I was chatting to my mate about this last weekend as we were reminiscing about the grounds we've been to. Huddersfield is a terrific stadium but apart from that I've always found most of the New build stadia to be devoid of any character, the Emirates and Eastlands are perfect examples of this and looking at the plans for the new White Heart Lane stadium it seems the English approach to new stadium builds will result in more indentikit building. I much prefer grounds that been developed over a period of time like Stamford Bridge.

My favourite new stadium isn't in England, but Germany. The Rhein Energie Stadion in Cologne is brilliantly designed. Ironically it feels like an old fashioned English stadium with the fans right next and over the pitch. It's also visually striking with its vertical floodlight towers at each corner. Also, the beer and half-time sausages are excellent.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/RheinEnergieStadion_Köln_001.jpg
  • Options
    Ahhhh! That brings back some memories. Cheers Andy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KC in Hull
  • Options
    Bluetongue Stadium Gosford
  • Options
    THERE AINT ANY SOULESS GHOST HOLES
  • Options
    Stadium of Light-Sunderland
  • Options
    Princes Park - Dartford
  • Options
    City of Manchester - luxurious, and there's a good atmosphere.
    Princes Park - beautifully designed for a small club.

Ashburton Grove's a bit soulless for me.
  • Options
    City Of Manchester
  • Options
    not been to City of Manchester on a matchday, only on a 6th form trip, but I was impressed.
  • Options
    I've only been to the City of Manchester car park!

I think Man City lost a lot of their identity when they left Maine Road, which was one of my favourite away grounds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Hudd won an architectural award I believe.

Very disappointed with the view we had at the Emirates.

True the view we had at the Emirates was very poor, it's made all the worse by the fact that if you sit pretty much anywhere else in there the view is excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The New London Stadium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
  • Options
    Sunderland, got everything right. near the city centre, good atmosphere with the histroy of the club not forgotten.