Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gray to Sheff Utd?

edited January 2009 in Rumours
Andy Gray is wanted by Sheffield United for £500k according to tomorrow's Daily Mail.

Comments

• Let them have him. Dickson and Burton, Fleetwood/Shelvey/Toddy

Can we please use the £500k to buy Wayne Brown and pay the wages of a premiership centre half who's not getting a game!!
  • Don't know if this has been repeated elsewhere but:

Hull defender Wayne Brown is set to leave the club after a fee was agreed with two mystery clubs. (skysports.com - 1718 GMT)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Don't know if this has been repeated elsewhere but:

Hull defender Wayne Brown is set to leave the club after a fee was agreed with two mystery clubs. (skysports.com - 1718 GMT)

Only on the Wayne Brown thread, lol
  • That's decent money for him, sounds like he doesn't want to be here.

We'll definitely need another striker though, could even argue we need two more if he goes.
  • This will only happen if Sheff Utd are prepared to pay his wages. Did'nt the manager at his old club say that he'd been unsettled by the offer of a double your money contract.
  • What did we pay for Gray - £1.5m ? So if the 500k is an accurate reflection of his current worth, that's two thirds of his value wiped out in a year.

Perhaps Pardew simply paid over the odds for him. After all, Burnley bought him from Sunderland for 750k, so may be his price has reverted to something closer to its correct market value.

But if he refused a move to Stoke, why would he go to Shef U?
  • I feel for Gray, I really do considering what has gone on in his personal life but we have to be selfish at the moment and he is simply just not good enough for us at the moment in our situation.

For the bloke himself - I just don't think a move will help him either which is a real shame. He runs a fair bit and does hold up the ball really well when its given to him into feet/chest but it is really noticeable, and understandable that his thoughts are elsewhere.

Good luck Andy if you do go and all the best to you and your family.
  • Well as much as I like the bloke, he isnt doing the business....maybe we can do a buy one, get one free and offload Burton :-)
  • didn't he turn down a move of moving back up north tho?
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]didn't he turn down a move of moving back up north tho?

no, he turned down Stoke because he wanted a permanent transfer and he realised he'd only be a bit part player there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope so.
  • As I have said in a previous thread Andy Gray quality player WRONG TEAM
  • Andy Gray will score for fun at Sheffield United
  • Ledge said: ''Andy Gray quality player WRONG TEAM''

That is apparently what Pardew said about Iwelumo !!!
  • Out with injury so he's going to be hard to shift before Monday
  • [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Ledge said: ''Andy Gray quality player WRONG TEAM''

That is apparently what Pardew said about Iwelumo !!!

Yeah well he was proved wrong and so wull you lot when Gray goes elsewhere and bangs them in again.
  • Looks as though Andy Gray is out for the season, so that's that one finished
  • You are certainly right about Iwelumo, Ledge, and may also be right about Gray.
    Although if Shef U see Gray as a replacement goalscoring machine for the departed Beattie, I personally think they would end up being very disappointed...
  • yes please!