Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insomnia

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
Who's got a cure?! Sigh .......

Comments

• Sunday Morning football, 4 pints, roast dinner, Dvd with the kids.

I sleep like a fcking baby
  • booze is the only cure sadly
  • Don know but its defo not the internet Im sure on that one.
  • My sympathy...I don't know how serious you are about this, but if this isn't just a one nght thing, don't let it go too long without a trip to the doctor. If my experience is any guide, it catches up with you.
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Who's got a cure?! Sigh .......

Sympathise with you mate. Went to bed at 10pm, woke at midnight, back to sleep at 3ish & then the alarm goes off at 5am. Similar story all week. Sitting at work feeling numb & dizzy with tiredness.

Probably a couple of large brandies would help us....
  • My youngest (17 months old) was awake from 1 am this morning.
  • Joe Kinnear has found a way to rid himself of insomnia

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/30/charles-n-zogbia-on-strike-after-newcastle-boss-joe-kinnear-calls-him-insomnia-115875-21081617/
  • All depends on the individual, I'm not a great sleeper but my partner goes off like a light, I listen to LBC/Talksport sometimes which sends me off, just need that background noise for some reason.
  • I have problems sleeping sometimes and it can last weeks then ill sleep like a log for months before it comes back

My mind is tired but my legs want to be active and i cant settle

Doc run loads of tests all come back fine then said nothing he could do and have to live with it and gave ne sleeping tablets.

Thats all well and good but sometimes it starts if i wake early hours and cant get back off no good taking tablets then or i wont get up for work.

Expressed to him i was not happy as it affects work when it comes bad still no help
  • I have read that you should get up, put on thet elly, stay in bed and read a book etc and let nature do its job.
    Mind you, I get night terrors every now & then, you know, someone in the room, having to look out of the window etc, must be stress related.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have night terrors everytime i open my eyes then its dam its ok its only the Mrs
  • I tend to wake up, punch the bag................then she gets up and makes a cup of tea.
  • Play 2 hours football with only a 10 minute break in the middle!
  • Wank repeatedly until you nod off.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I have read that you should get up, put on thet elly, stay in bed and read a book etc and let nature do its job.
    Mind you, I get night terrors every now & then, you know, someone in the room, having to look out of the window etc, must be stress related.

you sure it ain't old bill knocking on the door LOL
  • Everyone seems to have insomnia at the moment!

Apparently the best cure is Lavender Oil, not tried it myself and don't really want to!

I usually just rough it out, probably had about 5 hours kip each night this week.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I have read that you should get up, put on thet elly, stay in bed and read a book etc and let nature do its job.

you sure it ain't old bill knocking on the door LOL

Quite sure, (these days anyway) LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Wank repeatedly until you nod off.

Is it me.Or are there more and more Palace fans on this board every week?
  • [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Who's got a cure?! Sigh .......

Dunno mate, I've tried just about everything over the years and nothing seems to work. Don't want to go down the sleeping pills route although have tried them once or twice but still not worked all that well. Currently waking up at 5:00am every morning myself but other times I'll have trouble getting off before 2 or 3am or wake up in the middle for a couple of hours. Right royally screws you up so you have my sympathy.

Find that just lying there hoping you nod off never works, get up and watch a bit of tele or read for half an hour and try again.

Few things in life more anoying than someone saying they're tired at work then complaining they only had 8 hours last night.....grrrrr.
  • Mrs.March has lately started listening to talking books on her cd player to help her nod off and it seems to be working. Some readers it seems have very boring voices that get the zzzzzzs going in no time (even if it's a good book).
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Wank repeatedly until you nod off.

lol That could be why they aint sleepin on here scared and confused by all the palace lot on our forum! lol
  • A ST at Smellhurst?
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Wank repeatedly until you nod off.

How dare you.
  • Feeling well tired now - hopefully not the same problem again - but thanks for the suggestions!
  • i've changed my mind Supa...............turn back to 101.........that'll sort it ;-)
  • lol littlesis