Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Remaining Fixtures

2»

Comments

• Options
    I reckon we will lose to Birmingham at home and win the other 6. However we will lose all our away games with last minute goals conceded trying to hang on for a draw and go down anyway!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yes, I really admire Oggy's attitude. And Aliwibble's approach , too.

Temperementally I can't do it - although I wish it were otherwise. I mean, I said I was going to log-off and go away to think about skiing and cricket. But here I am still fretting about ruddy football, even though I know it's going to ruin my evening.

But that's life, and it's always been about these polarities- stoics v epicureans. Cavaliers v Roundheads. Half full v half empty. Rose tinted v doomsters.

There are many different names for the two positions. But they are basically the same. And most people seem to have it in their DNA whether they are one or the other.

Sadly, I just cannot do the half-full position. So when Aliw writes:

''we are going to have to do significantly better than we have so far this season, or 3 other teams are going to have to totally blow it ''

I immedately start jumping up and down , saying ''no, we are going to have to do 400-500 PER CENT better than we have so far this season, AND (not or) 3 other teams are going to have to totally blow it.''

That makes it sound a lot harder, I know. But to me, it's a much more realistic description of where we are.

Can't help it. That's the way I am. Neither can Oggy and Ali can't help it. Lucky for them, that's the way they are,too. Wish I could join them. But the genes don't seem to allow it!
  • Options
    There are 48 points to play for and realistically we'll need around 25 to beat the drop. Until it is mathematically impossible I refuse to concede defeat.

Our form isn't good, our spirits are low, but if we think we are defeated then we will be.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wish Parky would not keeping saying after defeats, ''if we keep performing like that then we will have a good chance.”

He said it again today and I know he means well by it. But it irritates the crap out of me. Sorry, Phil, we lost. That means WE WILL HAVE TO PLAY A LOT BETTER THAN THAT to give ourselves ANY chance of staying up...''

See what I mean? It must be in the DNA!
  • Options
    I'm afraid it is all over. We are never going to find the level of consistency needed to win enough games from those remaining. Especially as at least 5 or 6 of the team barely know each others names let alone have had time to develop any sort of teamwork.

Would love to be proved wrong and when I am I will be elated for the above to be well and truly rammed down my throat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Would love to be proved wrong and when I am I will be elated for the above to be well and truly rammed down my throat.

I'll see what I can arrange, AA.

;o)
  • Options
    Our Remaining Fixtures

Are all winable, COME ON!
  • Options
    Call me a mug, but I still think we can do it,

We lost a game - the manner of the defeat was heartrending, but we were never going to win all 17 were we?

8 wins from 16 games, plus a couple of draws. Gives us 26 points - 48 should be enough (I hope)

The team is taking shape (though I think we could still do with more defensive cover)

..................................................Weaver/Elliott

.............................................Murty Hudson Ward Youga

Perm any 4 from 6 of ............... Sam, ZZ, Racon, Ambrose, Spring, Bailey

The perm any 2 from 4 of .............. Shelvey, Dixon, Burton & Candle

We've got a great chance to win 4 out of our next 6 games (Argyle, Barnsley, Donny & Watford)

And 4 out of our last 6 (Blackpool, Norwich, Southampton and Coventry)

Sticky patch in the middle where we can hopefully pick up a couple of draws

Its still possible (just getting less and less probable :-) )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Our Remaining Fixtures

Are all winable, COME ON!

very fixture is winnable in this league, unfortunately, we don't seem to have the team or coaching ability to get the wins necessary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]All you people who limply give up half way through - I'm relieved you don't play football in the same side as me.

I believe you are on strong blend of prozac, cocaine, ecstacy and heroin just to iron out the uppers......

yesterday was a chance of revival... but once again my Parkinson completely let us done, taking of Dickson(our only threat) and becoming so defencive, we invited pressure and predictably we lost the lead and then lost the game...

if by some miracle we have two wins out of the next four then game by gmae maybe , but it is dour and our chances for me are 1 in 15
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luck has ALWAYS been a big part of football, and I have never ever known a team to have so much bad luck in my life. Yes I know there have been mistakes, bad selection, poor tactics etc, but the same happens at other clubs, and they get away with it. We don't.

That is why we don't stand a cat in hells chance of staying up.

And please, no-one come out with that old bo**ocks about making your own luck...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]if by some miracle we have two wins out of the next four then game by gmae maybe , but it is dour and our chances for me are 1 in 15

Corals have us at 2/7 to go down, prehaps you should lump on? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]All you people who limply give up half way through - I'm relieved you don't play football in the same side as me.

I believe you are on strong blend of prozac, cocaine, ecstacy and heroin just to iron out the uppers......

yesterday was a chance of revival... but once again my Parkinson completely let us done, taking of Dickson(our only threat) and becoming so defencive, we invited pressure and predictably we lost the lead and then lost the game...

if by some miracle we have two wins out of the next four then game by gmae maybe , but it is dour and our chances for me are 1 in 15

There is a war on, mate. It doesn't finish until the middle of May.
    We either dig in and keep going.

Or we wave the white flag.

Yesterday we lost a battle. But as it stands today, we haven't lost the war.
  • Options
    I havnt waved the white flag and I think you my friend are a marvel for keeping the hope going, at thats has the the sting attached ...

It was easy for me yesterday to go back into the "we are going down camp" as it hurt less...

So, thinkign about it.... Im with you Im gonna be nothing but positive moving forward...

Im recruited...
  • Options
    ''There is a war on, mate. It doesn't finish until the middle of May.''

Yes, keep on until you find those weapons of mass destruction, Oggy!
  • Options
    Yay. Good man, Mascot.

Even I know we've got one hell of a job on to get out of this, but it's not impossible.
    We do need to string some results together though - but it is still in our own hands.

One thing - we're all part of the whole club energy and if we're persistantly negative or damning, then the message that we've already given up does filter through to the players.

And how can we expect the team to win matches if we the supporters have given up?

This game of football is a game of psychology.

Believe you can - and you've got a chance!
  • Options
    I'm a conscientious objector and I am happy to be shot at dawn when we win the war.
  • Options
    Send him a white feather, Oggy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I'm a conscientious objector and I am happy to be shot at dawn when we win the war.

if it's our strikers that make up the firing squad, i think you have a good chance of still being with us at dusk.
  • Options
    Post of the week, PBS... gallows/firing squad humour at its dark and desperate best!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    There is a war on, and it's better to die in glory than die a defeatist.

And ski-ing holidays? Get yourself to Greenwich Park with a tin tray tomorrow morning!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I'm a conscientious objector and I am happy to be shot at dawn when we win the war.

if it's our strikers that make up the firing squad, i think you have a good chance of still being with us at dusk.

LMAO !!!

I thought it was funny, anyway!
  • Options
    i think we've got a great chance of staying up till prolly the birmngham fixture ....... they can put the nail in our chumpionship coffin
  • Options
    bumped
  • Options
    What I hate about this season is the fact that I look at that list and think we can get 17 points at least out of that, then I remember how cack we are and think yep 6 points it is then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]What I hate about this season is the fact that I look at that list and think we can get 17 points at least out of that, then I remember how cack we are and think yep 6 points it is then.
    I know - it's so frustrating