Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

6 minutes injury time cost us? what b******s

2»

Comments

• Options
    ''in all honesty how many times do you see 6 mins''

Increasingly often and there were several examples yesterday. In the Stoke game, for example, there weres five or six mins added not at full time but at the end of the first half. I understand there were also six mins added at the end of the Middlesboro game. And I'm told there were five mins at the end of the Millwall game in mid-week.

Which is why I wondered if refs had been told to tighten up and not be afraid of playing more than the standard three mins if they feel it is justified. So far nobody has been able to answer that question .

f you watch Italian/Spanish football, where so much time is wasted by players writhing on the ground etc, five or six minutes added time is quite normal. I have even seen eight!
  • Options
    i think you could be rijht nigel i am sure there must be a reason for it but to moan as some have because parky said it cost us when he was right it did that and the inability to defend again in my opinion is just stoopid.
  • Options
    you have lost me nla, please explain how it was the 6 minutes that cost us?
  • Options
    Liverpool v Chelsea just finished - they announced five mins and Mike Reilly played 5:30.

Getting more and more convinced there must have been an instruction to refs. It seems that the token three mins is fast ceasing to be the routine any more.
  • Options
    I dont think it was the 6 minutes Al

I am saying it was the inability to defend again that cost us.

But there seem to be some whinging about Parky mentioning the 6 mins as the reason we lost

i just think no matter what the bloke does or says peple are going to ruin him or bitch about him and to be honest i dont think he warrents as much stick as he is getting

he cocked up when he said no one is feeling it worse than him but IMO he has been honest and right in almost every post match opinion
  • Options
    I know results are not really changing for the better and even after my very anti PP feeling a few weeks ago, I really am starting to think Parky might just turn out ok.
  • Options
    I totally agree with you nla thats why I said blaming the 6 minutes was b*****s in the post heading. if it had said 4 minutes as he says it should have then they would still have scored the winner! that was the point I was trying to make.
  • Options
    I think Parky wasn't so much looking for excuses - just didn't know how to handle the kick in the bollox losing at the death, like that.

If Burnley had equalised and scored their winner within 2 mins for example, I think you'd find him still gutted we lost but seeing it differently.
  • Options
    SIX minutes is exceptional .... But the issue is indiscipline cost us what ever minute it occured in .

Also why do we play so deep at this level.
    IN the Prem it makes sense as forwards get behind defenders and are gone and its a chance , so defending the six yard box and the area in front makes sense.

Here in the Championship you must play pressing football high up the pitch to close down teams from the front especially away .
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: deeeeeeeeeeanooo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Every club seems capable of last minute equalizers or winners except....us!
    pilchard don't forget about dennis!
    [cite]Posted By: deeeeeeeeeeanooo[/cite]...though that was 4 years ago?

True Deeeeeeeaaaaaanooo, had forgotten that gem -but as you say it was 4 years ago, and nowadays such last minute stuff from us seems like a pipe dream!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was about the only good thing Rhommedhalia did for us!
  • Options
    Not all the very last minute, but a few from just last season:

Sheff Weds (H) 3-2 - Iwelumo 87'
    Norwich (H) 2-0 - Reid 85' & 89'
    Hull (H) 2-1 - Iwelumo 89'
    Southampton (A) - 1-0 Iwelumo 90'
    Bristol C. (A) - 1-0 Iwelumo 90'
    Leicester (A) - 1-1 McCarthy 90'

The big man we didn't want earned us 8 points in the last four minutes of matches...
  • Options
    SIX minutes is exceptional .... But the issue is indiscipline cost us what ever minute it occured in .

Also why do we play so deep at this level.
    IN the Prem it makes sense as forwards get behind defenders and are gone and its a chance , so defending the six yard box and the area in front makes sense.

Here in the Championship you must play pressing football high up the pitch to close down teams from the front especially away .

That's a good point. In the Prem teams most teams would attack us, they were the bigger club.

In this league at home most teams defend against us and catch us on the counter, like we did to other teams in the Prem.
  • Options
    But other teams are just better at it than us.

I always feel if you defend your 18 yard line, then you invite teams on to you at shooting range.
    It only takes a free-kick or pot shot from 20 yards, your keeper maybe a bit unsighted moves late and can only parry the ball.

Who's going to be first to the loose ball - your defenders facing the wrong way up field who first need to turn?
    Or the opponent running in facing towards goal?

My money's on the opponent every time.