Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

spurs to get points deduction?

Tottenham Hotspur are in real danger of having points docked for illegally playing Wilson Palacios in their Premier League clash against Bolton Wanderers yesterday.

The Honduran international was serving a ban for his former club Wigan Athletic, and there are rumours that because he played in yesterday's game, legal action should be taken against Spurs.

The suggestion is that if Palacios was still a Wigan player, his ban would have finished on 31st January, but because he moved to White Hart Lane, the ban should see him cup tied for Carling Cup and FA Cup games, meaning his ban should be carried over these games.

Therefore, his fixture list should read:

Wednesday Jan 21 2009 Burnley CC (A) (cup tied)
Saturday Jan 24 2009 Manchester United FA (A) (cup tied)
Tuesday Jan 27 2009 Stoke City (H) (suspended)
Saturday Jan 31 2009 Bolton Wanderers (A) (suspended)
Sunday Feb 08 2009 Arsenal (H) (ban lifted

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a cock up to me. I'd lay a small wager that they get off it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Sounds like a cock up to me. I'd lay a small wager that they get off it.

Yeah i bet they will too. If they'd beaten Bolton then maybe, but they lost the game so it's not like they gained any points from playing him.
  • Options
    Its Arry !!!!
  • Options
    it was charlton we would get booted out of the entire footbal league for infinity...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]it was charlton we would get booted out of the entire footbal league for infinity...

Yeah,your not wrong there either...we would appeal and it would be extended for us being frivolous
  • Options
    I was actually under the impression Palacios was suspended until the Ars*nal game next week so obviously something has happened in between to make Spurs think he was available. It really wouldnt surprise me if we had a points deduction after the sh1tty start we've had (and I've had personally) to the year
  • Options
    Ineligible players are causing hassle for the conference teams because so many are being deducted points at the moment - I think it is even a case of the rules being rewritten for next season.

Now - if that continues then we need to see the rules carried through accordingly and Tottenham should be deducted

However - I think we all know Spuds will get away scott free