Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know what the weather conditions are like.......

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
in mid/West Kent? We've got to deliver a car to Paddock Wood from Redhill i.e M25, M26, West Malling . Nothing mentioned on the radio so hopefully it's all O.K . Anyone aware of any problems? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Still deep snow down here, March (little further west towards the Sussex border but in the general vacinity). Our lane is still totally covered in snow and hasn't been gritted as even in fine weather we get about one vehilce an hour. But the road at the top of the lane is fine - and that's just a little 'B' road that goes from Edenbrdge to Cowden, so you shouldn't have any problems...
  • Options
    Bright sunsine and all clearing up in Ashford. Not that it's mid Kent.
  • Options
    Main Roads are fine. Side roads and lanes are a nightmare
  • Options
    Absultely fine, roads clear as anything - I live between west malling and Paddock Wood, had to drive through there on way to tonbridge wells this morn, no problems

If you were going severn mile lane way from M26 (through mereworth) i'd try a diff route road has got shit loada pot holes after the snow, i've avoided there since sunday night, was real bad then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Still deep snow down here, March (little further west towards the Sussex border but in the general vacinity). Our lane is still totally covered in snow and hasn't been gritted as even in fine weather we get about one vehilce an hour. But the road at the top of the lane is fine - and that's just a little 'B' road that goes from Edenbrdge to Cowden, so you shouldn't have any problems...

I nearly bought a little cottage in Cowden, quite a while back now, Nigel.

If we'd been neighbours, I could have helped do some serious damage to your wine stocks.

;o)
  • Options
    Thanks everybody, That gives a good picture of things. Yes scruffle, we had Seven Mile Lane in mind and I'm sure that's the way the sat-nav would take us. We'll have a re-think on that. Thanks again, fingers & things crossed for tonight!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oggy wrote: "I nearly bought a little cottage in Cowden, quite a while back now, Nigel. If we'd been neighbours, I could have helped do some serious damage to your wine stocks.''

Shame you didn't buy it, Oggy. Cowden, as you know, is a lovely, totally unspoilt village that looks today exactly as it did 100 years ago. And I've got the historic old postcards to prove it!

You would have been very welcome to help make some serious inroads into my well-stocked wine cellar. Some good pubs in the vicinity, too. The Fountan in Cowden is nice. Kentish Horse at Mark Beech is even better... then there are spectcularly fine hosteleries at the Castle Inn at Chiddingstone; The Rock at Chiddingstone Hoath and The Bottle House Inn and The Spotted Dog...

In fact, inspired by this thread, and as Mrs W is at home as the trains again aren't running from here today, we're going to tramp across the sunlit, snowy fields to the Kentish Horse for lunch right now!