Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beckham to stay at Milan

Good for him, good for Serie A and very good for England.

Comments

• Options
    are Milan paying his wages? or is he still getting that ridiculous amount from galaxy
  • Options
    I thought the comment was that Beckham wanted La Galaxy and Milan to find some way to allow him to stay in Italy? i.e. it isn't a done deal yet?

I suspect LA Galaxy will be offered some cash and a friendly and it'll go through.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]are Milan paying his wages? or is he still getting that ridiculous amount from galaxy

I'm not sure that he was getting that high a salary from LA Galaxy, his wages are lthough oaded with add-ons from merchandising his name.
  • Options
    Beckham must be the only player who's been available on loan - who hasn't joined us.
    Yet.

;o)
  • Options
    Read between the lines BFR, some things are a done deal and this is one thankfully.
  • Options
    Not coming to Charlton then....
  • Options
    The bloke is a legend. Such a professional.
  • Options
    good for him!
  • Options
    what a waste of a couple of years where he could still have been playing at a top team in a top league it's been .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]what a waste of a couple of years where he could still have been playing at a top team in a top league it's been .

Agreed, he might have made money playing out there but he already has more money than he could ever spend anyway.

You get the feeling that it was that dog he is married to who twisted his arm to go out there to the US so she could further her career, whatever the feck her career is.

I watched quite a few of his games out there and, with all due respect to American Addick and some of our other US posters, the standard is sometimes staggeringly low compared to the big three European leagues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as I enjoy my Toronto FC season tickets, I have to agree that the calibre of this league is so far beneath him... He hasn't actually played in Toronto save the all-star game last summer, and even in a match like that, it was clear that he was another class, even compared to the very best that MLS has to offer. I'd love to see him back here someday, but to want that day to be now would be selfish...
  • Options
    the funny thing is is that he had an offer from Milan before he joined the MLS
  • Options
    In all honesty I really felt that the Italian game would really suit Beckham once he lost his legs much more than the Prem or La Liga. Serie A is so tight that wide-players are not expected to provide massive thrust past their opposing full-backs and chances can be so hard to come by that his dead-ball skills become even more valuable.