Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Break/Transfer Window

Having listened to the many managers ,dissenting voices about the window on Sky News over the past few days I began to think about what could be done and come up with the following solution...

Don't scrap the January window but amalgamate it with a winter break. Play the last League fixture on Jan 1st then play the next one on the first Saturday in February- however still continue to play FA Cup fixtures in January, the first Saturday AFTER New Years Day and then the next round on the third Saturday After Jan 1st- also instead of waiting nine/ten days to stage the replay- have them on the second and forth Saturday. That will then give players more rest in January and free up the managers to persue transfers. Also any players signed during that window are ineligable to play in any further rounds of the cup for their new team.
I think thiswill also have the effect of bringing the FA Cup but into focus.

Comments

• Options
    Dad i got confused after the first line!
  • Options
    Easy- After the first of Jan just play cup games until the first Sat in Feb- with 3rd round on the 1st Sat and the 4th round on the 3rd Sat Replays to be played on the second and fourth Sat. Managers would have more time to try and sign players and players would have more of a rest leaving them fresh for the second half of the season.