Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GOUT

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Only fat, lazy, drunk men get gout --- fact !

no communist has ever had it as they are too busy fighting for the improvement in health services for ordinary people---- fact !

Good points
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Only fat, lazy, drunk men get gout --- fact !

no communist has ever had it as they are too busy fighting for the improvement in health services for ordinary people---- fact !

Good points

I know you are only messing with GH but I suffered my first attack of gout when I was fit enough to run marathons and half marathons and about the right weight for my height.

I have subsequently become fat and lazy (in that I don't exercise enough anymore) but that is mainly because the pain from repeated attacks of gout has prevented me getting back into regular running which I took up after packing up rugby and cricket.

As I said above I have been "gout free" for a few months now so hope to start exercising properly once more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I suddenly got gout 6 years ago and only got rid of it by not eating red meat for a month. Fell off the wagon with a big steak in Smith and Wollensky's in Vegas and was in agony for a day or 2 but then slowly reintroduced red meat into my diet and was fine. Never gave up alcohol.

If it was that bad you'd have stayed off the red meat ...;-)

... I wont run ... even with one lung and gout you'd still catch me ....
  • Options
    tis funny i'm sure I heard the pub landlord shouting GOUT the other day - maybe it was cos someone had just lit up at the bar!
  • Options
    Masturbate six times a day.

It won't cure the gout but it'll take your mind off it.

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Masturbate six times a day.

Ledge already does that, and some...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Blimey, what a Ledge ......

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

listen mate you've just had a kid so if anyone is a wanker it's you lol
  • Options
    Page 40/41 of the bun today mate
  • Options

Page 3 and the Britney pics for that... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2010
    You know when you have truely pissed the Gods off when you get gout ofthe knee. pain ??? i laugh in your face !!!------------------------that and then god knows how many pain killers !!

Sleep what is that ? i sorta remember sleeping sometime yonks ago.
  • Options
    My old man gets this and he is a complete tool to be around when he has it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]My old man gets this and he is a complete tool to be around when he has it.

Funny you should mention that, my old mans a complete tool to be around too.

He doesnt have gout though, he's just from Preston!!
  • Options
    Ledge i aint going take the P mate i get it every 6 months or so and its king horrible the only old wives tales are how you get it just think you unlucky if you do
    best cure when in full pain a pair of bolt croppers to the big toe thats how it makes u feel !! Good luck
  • Options
    After a weekend of suffering, the quack diagnosed me with Gout (big toe)this morning. For those that have never had it - it effin hurts!!!!
    Thought I was now officially old, but it's surprising how many younger folk get it as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]After a weekend of suffering, the quack diagnosed me with Gout (big toe)this morning. For those that have never had it - it effin hurts!!!!
    Thought I was now officially old, but it's surprising how many younger folk get it as well.

I too have this - it comes hand in hand with my recently diagnosed Diabetes

Strange thing though - last week I was in agony on Tuesday, up all night in pain, went to hospital and got some Diclofenac and a set of crutches and was walking fine within 2 hours with no pain at all!

I reckon it was the cherries I ate - Cherries are your friend when it comes to Gout apparently
  • Options
    Gout should really be called GGUTB: "Gotta give up the booze."
  • Options
    I don't drink!

My vice is red meat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I've had mate and it is horrible. Forget Old Wives tales. Naproxen will ease it but once it is gone get on Allipurinal. I've never had it since I've taken them.
    Some people say they don't like to be dependant on drugs but then they've probably never had Gout!
    Prevention better than the cure.
  • Options
    just got back from a wedding in spain.
    had a 'twinge' in my big toe on my right foot. popped ibuprofen which eased the pain (which it usually does).
    stopped taking ibu yesterday. within 10 minutes of taking off tonight my left foot was killing me. seriously considerred calling rac to drive me back from stansted.
    now took my trainer off and my whole foot is swollen.
    'kin agony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since moving to Singapore I have had my first attack of Gout, this is mainly due to making up for 2yrs of non drinking in the dessert!.

A mate of mine told me it was an insect bit infecting my big toe (symptoms sounded the same) so I had 3 nights on the sauce by the Friday i was in so much pain, I couldn't move.

I still have a twinge, mainly because i go out alot here. I control it mainly by drinking Cherry Juice (which is soo expensive here!) and taking bacarbonate of Soda when I get home from drinking.
  • Options
    I got it once in my big toe, I went to a & e.
    they gave me a tablet, which for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. did the trick and haven't had it since, touch wood. agree, I'd never experienced pain that bad and hope I never do?%€>
  • Options

Holy F**k. Had my first experience of gout these last few days.... b'jesus, horrible, horrible pain. I am a fit 34 year old, not over weight... don't eat too much "purine" rich foods, but drink like a fish.... feel lke cutting off my toe today.

How often do you guys get attacks with this?

• Options
    I've had gout for over 30 years and have only just been prescribed a drug that actually keeps it under control...Febuxostat. Allopurinal never worked for me.
  • Options
    i hear ciders allright tho?
    Mate of mine gets it now and again. Usually when he knocks Cider on the head for a couple of weeks, Might be something in that.
  • Options

Holy F**k. Had my first experience of gout these last few days.... b'jesus, horrible, horrible pain. I am a fit 34 year old, not over weight... don't eat too much "purine" rich foods, but drink like a fish.... feel lke cutting off my toe today.

How often do you guys get attacks with this?

Check you are hydrating properly, caught me out.
  • Options
    How does the pain of gout compare to that of kidney stones? Anyone know?
  • Options
    I suspect gout is worse until you're actually trying to pass a stone, just by virtue of the fact that joints get more wear and tear.
  • Options
    Bloody gout!

Can't sleep with the pain hence on here at 4:30 in the morning just for a distraction.

Hopefully the anti inflammatories will start working soon!

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
  • Options
    Had gout since I was 19, untreated for the first 7-8 years, now I need a new kidney! Get it sorted!