Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson MOM

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Well, the best performance since Reading. Dickson was MOM - pace, trickery, vision - set the 2nd goal up with a great piece of control and pass.

Just a goal needed to have been the perfect centre forward's performance.

Any non believers out there still?!

What have Pardew and Parky been seeing in training for the past two years?

Our best centre forward in the club - FACT. Well done Chris - you are a credit to yourself and I'm glad you're still at the club.

Comments

• Options
    I am pleased for him - he needs to back that performance a few more times tho. BTW I was in favour of him being given a chance
  • Options
    If i'm honest.I'm still not sure.But the fella does seem to have a great enthusiasm for the game and is full of confidence .And that can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    Carly - I was there! The best player on the pitch - pace, workrate, skill and belief - his 70 yard run from his own half, after tracking back 50 yards to win the ball, cut it back in the penalty area and his vision for the 2nd goal - we have no other centre forward in the squad who brings what he does.

Racon was very good too.
  • Options
    I am really pleased that he is doing so well. I saw his enthusiasm at West Brom last season in the Cup. He really does look up for it. Sure he's not the finished article but so what.

It's also nice to see Racon doing well. It begs the question last season, why he never got a look in.
  • Options
    Echo all those sentiments. Thought Dickson was awsome. Worked well with Kandol and Soares.
    Yes, Racon was great as well!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]It's also nice to see Racon doing well. It begs the question last season, why he never got a look in.
    To be fair. Racon has been injured alot.
  • Options
    The plodding slow buildup we've had to put up with for two seasons has been so easy to defend against.

Goal or no goals pace and unpredictability are crucial to any team. I don't understand Parky and Pardew, of the offensive players we have only Dickson makes defenders sit back; head down barn door Varney and Mcleod can just be channelled out the game. It gives so much more space to every member of the team in areas dangerous to the opposition.

All this bull about his all round game, his runs and unpredictability unsettles defenders. Whatever attributes Gray, Varney or Burton had closing down wasn't one of them - although Varney tried - whilst they're all so static we just get compressed in no man's land. Every time I see Dickson play immediately he pulls people out of position. Just play him until the end of the season. Lord knows it after the ammount of chances Parky and Pardew gave lazy Gray and barn door Varney he deserves it.
  • Options
    Signs of a real strike partnership with Kandol I thought.
  • Options
    Dickson and Kandol looked a promising partnership especially in the second half, still away to go yet, proof with goals still to be delivered from both of them but encouraging.

Thought Murty was outstanding today as well. No one can argue his commitment on that display. Racon was also excellent.

Thought Plymouth were true to latest bad form, but you have to beat what is in front of you and today we deserved the win.

There is always one club that falls from mid table safety and Plymouth look the team, it could have been at least 5 - 0 today we missed gilt edged chances.
  • Options
    I thought Dickson and Kandol as a partnership caused Plymouth more trouble than any Charlton strike duo for a while.

Mind you, Plymuff were pretty bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a first Valley start for both Dickson and Kandol and Parkinson stated: "I'm pleased with Chris as he deserves his chance. There was a bit of pressure on him today; he's built himself up and the supporters have been desperate to see him but he showed he has got the temperament to handle that and he backed it up with his performance.

"Chris has got an immense amount of confidence in his own ability which goalscorers need to have, no matter what level they're playing it. He's brave, he's a terrific finisher but he's adding things to his game.

"Our front two today were a handful. They were the same at Bristol and the opposition two centre-backs know they've been in a game.”
  • Options
    I thought it was Kandols pass for Baileys goal?
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    Must admit so did I
  • Options
    News Shopper says Racon!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Racon,Bailey,Dickson,Kandol

all played superbly well

The Racon song to be sung forever he is a true quailty player as is DICKO quality today buddy Quality
  • Options
    Kandol's pass I'm sure.

Diockson and Kandol were the best pairing I've seen all season for us. Both flicking balls on to each other. Tres missed a couple of chances when he should have scored and Chris could maybe have done better a couple of times but they weren't open goals and the keeper did well so harsh to criticise him.

Dickson looked well up for it, put the work in for the team and both forwards gave their defence trouble all day.

My MOM would be Racon but who cares. Thought they all looked good and played like a team managed by two fighters such as Parkinson and Kinsella. Some will say too late but that was a Parky, not a pardew, performance.
  • Options
    Parky on BBC london

"Dicko has put in so much effort and added the holdup and the effort to win the ball back instead of looking away from play, he has earnt his chance and today he showed me and the fans that he could be a proper player"
  • Options
    dickooooooo dickoooooooooooo dickoooooooooooooo

thierry racon thierry racon thierry racon thierry racon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]dickooooooo dickoooooooooooo dickoooooooooooooo

If you want an example of why Parky is not Pardew then just look at Racon's name on the teamsheet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]dickooooooo dickoooooooooooo dickoooooooooooooo

If you want an example of why Parky is not Pardew then just look at Racon's name on the teamsheet.

or his name on his birth certificate!!
  • Options
    HOW THE F*** DID PARDEW NOT PLAY RACON MORE OFTEN LAST SEASON. WHAT A TOTAL TIT HE WAS. WHEN REIDY LEFT HE ALREADY HAD THE IDEAL REPLACEMENT IN THE SQUAD BUT SENT HIM TO BRIGHTON!
  • Options
    In fairness Henry, Racon has been injured for most of the season.
  • Options
    "Dickson is a rough diamond but he is also the one player we have who is likely to do the less obvious and I would love to see Pards giving him a run in the side." Posted by someone on another thread on the 4th September.

What that poster clearly hadn't realised at the time that Dicko's link up and general team play was way below what is needed at this level. For that reason I'm sure he's extremely grateful that Pards and Parky held Chris back until he had proven, beyond all doubt, that he could offer as least as much a threat as Messrs Varney, Gray, Waghorn, McCleod, Todorov and Burton.

Well done Pards and Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Absolutely!
  • Options
    christ Racon changed the game at Palace last season he is a Keith Jones with more skill,his passing is so crisp.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]In fairness Henry, Racon has been injured for most of the season.

What about last season Ali? He played against Brizzle City at Ashton Gate. We won the game and he played well. I don't think he played again last season and was shipped off the Brighton for a period.

I am afraid, like Dickson, it's a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees. I am pleased about Kandol but I really wonder how Dickson and McLeod would have played together. With pace and verve I'd say.
  • Options
    It was Kandol's assist for Bailey's goal. Thought it was and have just checked the OS.

Racon is one of our best players and has to be in the team. At least Parkinson knows that, only injury has stopped it from happening.

Agree about the partnership up front, they looked like they could play well together more than Varney and Gray did even after however many games they had in a row together.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I am pleased about Kandol but I really wonder how Dickson and McLeod would have played together. With pace and verve I'd say.

Impossible to say but I think Dickson looked good alongside Kandol, McLeod certainly can't win headers like he can, or play passes like the one to Bailey for his goal.

I think a player like Kandol that can win headers, but also has a bit of pace suits Dickson. Not sure someone like McLeod would work as well.
  • Options
    Do you think we could sign him ? How much would Leeds want ?