Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kins rollox Dickson

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
When Dickson did his show off pass to the left wing did anyone else see Kins wag his finger at him!!

Loved it!!

Great Game!!

Comments

• Options
    Dickson is what watching football is all about imho. He exites and is breath of fresh air. Long time since we had anyone quite like him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Dickson is what watching football is all about imho. He exites and is breath of fresh air. Long time since we had anyone quite like him.

Although neither forward scored for the first time in seasons we looked dangerous upfront, the cdontribution of these two gave space to the midfield and allowed Bailey to get into scoring positions. I was not convinced by Dickson before today, I am willing to change my assessment now.
  • Options
    Dicko was super today
  • Options
    What pass was that? The one where he used the trick to do it?
  • Options
    I saw it - and I saw Dicko grinning from ear to ear aswell!

Tbf dicko had a great match and looked excitng as he does the unexpected
  • Options
    Why the feck wasn't he in the team 20 games ago?? It's criminal that Varney, Gray, McLeod, Todorov (remember him?) and Burton all got chance after chance ahead of him-not sure we'd be where we are if Pardew/Parky had wised up earlier. I really hope that measly £15k to Dulwich wasn't the reason.........................

If and when we do go down, we need to bend over backwards to get him off the transfer list because he'll do brilliant in League One.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]Why the feck wasn't he in the team 20 games ago?? It's criminal that Varney, Gray, McLeod, Todorov (remember him?) and Burton all got chance after chance ahead of him-not sure we'd be where we are if Pardew/Parky had wised up earlier. I really hope that measly £15k to Dulwich wasn't the reason.........................

If and when we do go down, we need to bend over backwards to get him off the transfer list because he'll do brilliant in League One.

My thoughts for weeks. Is he too lairy around the place or another David Whyte ?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No it is just simply that the club did not want to fork out £25,000 to Dulwich Hamlet on his first start to the club. Time only will tell how many millions that £25k will cost us if we get relegated....
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    CORRECTION - on checking with the Dulwich Hamlet supporters group - it is actually a measly £15,000!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    It's also a totally ridiculous comment. He wasn't picked because, in the opinion of Parky & Kins, he wasn't ready. That's all there is to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]It's also a totally ridiculous comment. He wasn't picked because, in the opinion of Parky & Kins, he wasn't ready. That's all there is to it.

So Parky failed to see what most of us could see from a few 10 min sub appearances. he clearly hasnt become the player he is overnight (and by that i mean is when he is playing we look more attacking and play at least ten yards further up the pitch).

imo and based on performance gray, varney, or burton aint been "ready" since joining the club. and not giving dickson half that chance before now may see us playing in the third div next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kakaka[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]It's also a totally ridiculous comment. He wasn't picked because, in the opinion of Parky & Kins, he wasn't ready. That's all there is to it.

So Parky failed to see what most of us could see from a few 10 min sub appearances.

We may have thought he was ready but maybe his attitude wasn't right yet.
  • Options
    You have a player scoring goals in the reserves and the players in the first team are unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo. Rocket science it ain`t ! Should have got a start months ago and 9 out of 10 of us know it.
  • Options
    i'd say 10 out of 10 know it but as ive said maybe his attitude was still not serious enough...
  • Options
    Goals speak louder than attitude perhaps !!!
  • Options
    To add to all what has been said, the first thing that parky did when he became manager was to bring in Burton, who has done next to nothing since he has been with us and Dickson showed more in the 80 mins he was on the pitch than Burton has in his time with us.

there should be no arguememt. Dickson should start every game (unless injured or ill) from now the the end of the season. He may not score many more goals than the rest of them but he will scare the b'jesus out of the defenders he comes up against.
  • Options
    Not saying that's wrong about Dickson, but Burton wasn't a bad signing considering he was a free transfer. We needed to give competition/have another option instead of Gray. Now with Gray out we have Kandol to give Burton that competition.

Burton could play with Dickson, but not instead of Dickson. As a player he's decent enough, but yes a striker is meant to score goals and he doesn't.
  • Options
    It's easy to slate Burton because he doesn't come up with the goals himself.

But in a 4-5-1 he's been playing the role of lone target man against often 2 or 3 defenders at a time and doing that job well
    - probably exactly what his management have instructed him to do.

His own game would have to be sacrificed to fit in with the team tactics. But he does hold the ball up well and lay off, runs the channels - and works his nuts off for the team.

Using a player in that way, the onus is on the attacking midfielders to make the runs from deep to score the goals. With the right combination of players it can be effective but easy for opponents to push up and us to play too deep, thus inviting pressure on our 18 yard line.

We know that is exactly what happened.

But back to Burton. For all the criticsm he gets, he only plays to instructions.
  • Options
    Whatever the views on Burton, he did draw the defenders, they seemed worried about him and he held up well I thought. Just seemed to me that we didn't take the opportunity to utilise the spaces he created. I'd have liked to see what happened if he was with Dickson.
  • Options
    At the end of the Palace game DIckson and Burton were linking up well. Burton was flicking balls on to CD and CD nearly set up DB with a ball across the 6 yard box at the death.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I too would like to see Dicko Burton, Kandol wasn't bad, seemed to mishit scuff about three shots in front of goal...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite] Kandol wasn't bad, seemed to mishit scuff about three shots in front of goal...

A lot of players do that, if the the ball comes to them in the box while they are stationary.
    Darren Bent did it enough times for us and still does it for Spurs.

But what these players like to do, is to run on to the ball and strike it. Baby Bent was superb at doing that, as we all know.

The irony is now that we've got a hard running, very mobile front two, we are now creating chances to feet in front of goal.
    Andy Gray would have thrived on that service, lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I too would like to see Dicko Burton, Kandol wasn't bad, seemed to mishit scuff about three shots in front of goal...

and you think burton will do better?
  • Options
    Burton is without doubt nowhere near as bad as some people on here make out.
  • Options
    we have the best non scoring centre forwards we can realistically expect to have ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I too would like to see Dicko Burton, Kandol wasn't bad, seemed to mishit scuff about three shots in front of goal...[/quote]

and you think burton will do better?[/quote]

dunno I think he would be less 'selfish', but who knows..
  • Options
    I like the look of Kandol and Dickson myself.....not a Burton fan, I think he has a lot to prove at Charlton...