Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That BDL !! (new pitch announcer)

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
He's a sly ol' dog ain't he?

Didn't bother to tell anyone on here that he's been elevated to the role of 'Pitchside announcer'
Poor ol' posh Pete's pushed orf.

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking about that when I saw Dave down there this afternoon.
    I started thinking Pete had probably buggered off to a better paid gig & wondered why we were paying for him when we already have Dave on the books & he's actually a fan!
  • Options
    Whoever was playing the records had clearly brought in his "Ibiza Anthems" album. Couldn't believe some of the garbage being played. Someone needs to tell him there's not much bass on a football ground tannoy. Instead, like your average Charlton fan, it just whines!
  • Options
    LOL Off_it
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqte5w257C4

Congrats BDL

Here's one to play at the next game. You know it's true
  • Options
    Dont listen to Offit Dave me and NSS thought your song choices were spot on bud
  • Options
    blinding half time music memories of the old days.Acid Acid Acid
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Dont listen to Offit Dave me and NSS thought your song choices were spot on bud
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]blinding half time music memories of the old days.Acid Acid Acid

But on a manky tannoy?

I reckon you boys did a lot more damage to yourselves back in the day than you think!!!
  • Options
    Top bloke and you can tell he means it when he shouts " make some noyze for the boyze!!"
    He's our version of Noddy Holder but with slightly less hair :-)
    Sorry Dave :-) not quite as follically challenged as me tho eh.....yet!
  • Options
    Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of Pete.

If I was on holiday at Pontins or somewhere then great but not at The Valley.
  • Options
    i reckon we did as well off it

but a tune is a tune weather it is on a crackly old stadium tanoy or in Fabric
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Stick this on instead, it's a proper record.

Not sure Dan cuts it in the box, though, his voice is too high... hope this means Pete has pushed off for good.
  • Options
    Good song. Mind you - Acid Jazz? You'll have Goonerhater on about jazz again.
  • Options
    Pete goes and we win!
    Hey BDL!
    Is that your permanent seat now?
    Remember Tracy has the photos.
  • Options
    Good.

Rather Big Dave every time over that norvern munkee.
  • Options
    The atmosphere was 'electric' at pitch level yesterday while I waited to do the 'sponsor' bit, with BDL doing the
    build-up with a confidence and gusto that Pete never achieved, taking it several steps beyond just reading a list of ticket-prices by the shelter of the players' tunnel!

Great stuff, BDL!!
  • Options
    Was infinity playing at half time, thought I could hear it over the radio, right tune.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for all the positive comments. Music choice was not mine, but Dan's (who posts as AFKA Disco on here).

Crowd were rocking yesterday. You don't realise how noisy you are until you are down by the pitch.
  • Options
    Congratulations Dave, really pleased for you.

It should have happened a long time ago. Don't change what you do as you get more confident, your approach now works perfectly.

It may well have been rocking pitchside, but it certainly wasn't in the stands sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent! Didn't realise it was a permanent gig, good on you BDL.

And I hope Pete and his FA Cup-brought-to-you-with Carbon Warming have a very happy life together.
  • Options
    one word of warnig BDL......Palarse......wallop
  • Options
    The good thing about dave doing the announcing is you know it means just as much to him as any of us. It comes out in his voice. And as you walk down to the ground you can hear him belting it out it makes a difference.
    In fact several people living in charlton lane were seen looking out of their windows up to the sky to see if it was Concorde flying past :-)
    As I say dave is a top bloke and I know he's really proud to be doing the job, so it's a good move all round imho.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited February 2009
    Bugger bugger bugger - You know I will retaliate Henners!!!!

Bloody hell - I really do need to get on that diet soon!

Anyway, I know I can count on you lot to keep my feet on the ground!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Bugger bugger bugger - You know I will retaliate Henners!!!!

That was my retaliation for three years of abuse! : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Bugger bugger bugger - You know I will retaliate Henners!!!!

Bloody hell - I really do need to get on that diet soon!

Anyway, I know I can count on you lot to keep my feet on the ground!!!

looking at that photo it will take a lot to get your feet off the ground (although as a fellow rotund man I should not really have a go at you)
  • Options
    Shame we didn't make the change months ago - we might have won a few more games! ;-)

Delighted for you, Big Dave, and looking forward to hearing you in action next time I'm at The Valley.
  • Options
    Why has he got a Comic Relief microphone
  • Options
    Thanks for all your posts in support. To be honest I was extremely happy working with Pete. I know that he wasn't universally popular but he's a good bloke and didn't deserve some of the stick that was dished out to him on this and other sites. I stayed well out of it as you will all be aware, it wasn't my place to comment. He actually resigned because he wanted to spend more time with his kids. A couple of things have had to give and I respect him for taking that decision.

He remains a good friend as he was before he took the role at the Valley. For the record I recommended him when the club were looking for someone to take over duties from Jon Lucas.

To be perfectly honest, the only thing that matters is that the team performs on the pitch. It's irrelevent who does the announcing. All We should care about is how the team play and getting those results.

I still believe that we will stay up. Call it rose tinted, mindless optimism or whatever, I just cannot give up the hope that we will retain our Championship status next season. Although I may have wavered a little after the Forest game.
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Why has he got a Comic Relief microphone

About time we had a new popshield. I'll have a word with Gary.

As for the music, well not guilty M'lord - That's down to Dan Davis (AFKA Disco on here). Have to say that our PA system (not the North Stand though) is the best in the league. Lucas has threatened to do the music at the next home game, so please don't complain when we get Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep

I know I said it before but it may not seem like it, You lot ROCK. The noise generated by the entire Charlton fanbase on Saturday was terrific. You really appreciate how loud it is when you are down level with the pitch.