Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky keeps feet on the ground after rare victory

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4129197.Parky_keeps_feet_on_the_ground_after_rare_victory/

Comments

• Options
    Parky also reserved special praise his latest strike force of Chris Dickson and on-loan Tresor Kandol, who despite not being able to open their own league accounts, played a vital role in their side’s victory in what has been a weak area for the Addicks all season.

He said: “I thought as a partnership, those two were a real handful today and challenged and chased things down and it takes the pressure off the back four. “If the ball keeps coming back at you and no-one chases it, you’ll end up conceding and that’s probably what’s happened to us this season, so I’m really pleased with those two today but they’ve both got to build on it at Barnsley next week.

“The one thing we’ve said about Chris is his competing for every ball, holding the ball up, chasing lost causes and being the first line of defence – basic things a striker’s got to do.

“Coming from a non-league environment where he’s so much better than everyone else, he could stay at the top of the pitch, the ball just fell to him and he put it in the back of the net.

“But to play at this level you’ve got to add things to your game to become more of an all-round player and Chris has done that. But he also knows it’s only the start and he’s got to keep doing it.

“And I’m going to keep showing him every week on the DVD what he’s done well and what he needs to do because I feel Chris is a player who can put the ball in the back of the net given the opportunities.”
  • Options
    Sounds like a fair assessment of Dicko a talent but in a poor side he needs to add graft to his talent
  • Options
    Sounds like good man-management and coaching as well but somehow I think some people may disagree ; - )
  • Options
    Utter bollocks

sorry could not resist
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    How many games do we need to win before its no longer a "rare" victory?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]How many games do we need to win before its no longer a "rare" victory?

1 for a run
    2 for a turn around
    3 for a revival
    9 for a miracle
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Three on the spin would be nice tricky
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I knew there would be some form of 'spin' involved :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I knew there would be some form of 'spin' involved :-)[/quote]

Cynic : )