Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Poxy Ref question ;-)

Nearly got two bookings yesterday, 1st one I was fouled from behind, ref said 'get up, he never touched you', I then showed him the six stud marks from the top top bottom of my calf and questioned his decision, yip, 1st yellow. Second half, i took a throw from about 4m off the pitch (as I just ran 50m to go and get it!!), ref said i had to be 2m from the touchline at least before I threw it? I questioned this 2m ruling again (bearing in mind I never swore and hadnt the whole mat..........not true, sorry)and he got the yellow out but I think it was the other players and me staring at him in disbelief that stopped him.

He asked me to write my name down in his book at the end for the yellow card offence..........Sorry Doyley.

Comments

• Options
    He asked me to write my name down in his book at the end for the yellow card offence..........Sorry Doyley.

haha....nice one !
  • Options
    He's got a bit confused.com with the 2 meter rule I think..........

Procedure

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:

faces the field of play
    has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the touch line
    uses both hands
    delivers the ball from behind and over his head
    The thrower may not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.

All opponents must stand no less than 2 meters from the point at which the throw-in is taken.

The ball is in play immediately after it enters the field of play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Nearly got two bookings yesterday, 1st one I was fouled from behind, ref said 'get up, he never touched you', I then showed him the six stud marks from the top top bottom of my calf and questioned his decision, yip, 1st yellow. Second half, i took a throw from about 4m off the pitch (as I just ran 50m to go and get it!!), ref said i had to be 2m from the touchline at least before I threw it? I questioned this 2m ruling again (bearing in mind I never swore and hadnt the whole mat..........not true, sorry)and he got the yellow out but I think it was the other players and me staring at him in disbelief that stopped him.

haha, completly forgot to say yesterday, but the old kick of debate came round again. I won the toss and was asked "kick of or ends?" i picked kick of and he then offered the other captain choice of ends . plus the fact that when they had an indirect free kick on our 6 yard box he tried to make us stand behind the line surely that should have been ON the line?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Nearly got two bookings yesterday, 1st one I was fouled from behind, ref said 'get up, he never touched you', I then showed him the six stud marks from the top top bottom of my calf and questioned his decision, yip, 1st yellow. Second half, i took a throw from about 4m off the pitch (as I just ran 50m to go and get it!!), ref said i had to be 2m from the touchline at least before I threw it? I questioned this 2m ruling again (bearing in mind I never swore and hadnt the whole mat..........not true, sorry)and he got the yellow out but I think it was the other players and me staring at him in disbelief that stopped him.

haha, completly forgot to say yesterday, but the old kick of debate came round again. I won the toss and was asked "kick of or ends?" i picked kick of and he then offered the other captain choice of ends . plus the fact that when they had an indirect free kick on our 6 yard box he tried to make us stand behind the line surely that should have been ON the line?

Bloody hell, that old chestnut still cropping up. I've not refereed for a few years now but it looks like thay've made it clear in the laws now. According to the FA website you can't have the kick off any more.....

Law 8 - The Start & Restart of Play

Preliminaries

A coin is tossed and the team which wins the toss decides which goal it will attack in the first half of the match.

The other team takes the kick-off to start the match.

The team which wins the toss takes the kick-off to start the second half of the match.

In the second half of the match the teams change ends and attack the opposite goals.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegulations/FIFALawsOfTheGame/Postings/2002/05/Law8.htm
  • Options
    Its mad the way this one crops up all the time eh? i might add that he was european and reffing his first season in England and also the that at no point during the game did Charltonparklane run 50m as he has previously stated ;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Its mad the way this one crops up all the time eh? i might add that he was european and reffing his first season in England and also the that at no point during the game did Charltonparklane run 50m as he has previously stated ;o)[/quote]

Hope that bird stays alive for weeks, trying to google RSCPA to get their number to ask them to visit ...............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Its mad the way this one crops up all the time eh? i might add that he was european and reffing his first season in England and also the that at no point during the game did Charltonparklane run 50m as he has previously stated ;o)

Hope that bird stays alive for weeks, trying to google RSCPA to get their number to ask them to visit ...............

Mate, Emma rang me about half hour ago crying her eyes out as it had managed to get out into the bedroom and was flapping away like a nutter. my kind caring answer was. " your in Sidcup ,i'm up town what the fcuk can i do? deal with it?" think i may be in trouble tonight